Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium texts not working

MelanieFitz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hey. I'm receiving marketing texts that are annoying as hell. There is a 5 digit number to text, to make them stop (60777). I also tried to enter a competition that had a 5 digit number (63103). Both come back as failed. Ive no problems with texting to normal mobile numbers.
I tried calling your +447802000332 message centre number, but in true fashion, this number is not working. Any suggestions on how to address this please?
Thanks! X
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

KingAmo
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 287 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 30 Solutions
@MelanieFitz
I think you need to call customer service to activate such on your account. All numbers are in this guide.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

Alternatively, shops have now been opened, you can pop up in your local store and I believe one of their customer service agent will be able to help you.
I hope this helps 😊
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MelanieFitz 

If you are having marketing texts, then you can turn these off in My O2 under manage my preferences.

As you can't send short code texts, you need to contact O2. You may have a premium bar, or a spend cap on your account. All numbers for O2 are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Edited to add, you can't send or call from the message centre number. This is on your account to make sure sure you are able to send texts from s PAYG or Contract account.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

MelanieFitz
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for taking the time to message me slight_smile
Going to look at this right now!
Message 4 of 6

MelanieFitz
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for this. It might be a good idea to pop into a local store!
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions