cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my pac code problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm hoping someone can help.  My chats with the online helpdesk have been non-helpful and at worse they have contradicted themselves in the same message chat. I changed to O2 on Monday and the O2 shop submitted my PAC Code supplied from Vodafone.  Since then, I can call my old number and reach an O2 voicemail however my new Iphone is still only calling out and responding to the new sim number.  My old provider has completed the closing of my account now and the old number is now solely under O2's control yet it still has not become active on my account.  The fact it is ringable is making me concerned that they have reassigned it to the wrong sim account. 

I have been told several times that it will be complete by 6pm on Monday and then Tuesday.  I've been informed it takes 4 hours, then was told under 24 hours and then by another who told me under 24 hours but then changed his mind when I pointed out it was now already over 24 and told me that it could be up to 48 hours.  The chat system appears to run from a script that has them bouncing me around departments and then back to the original department. 

I have had the same number for the last 15 years and it is the basis of my livelihood and career.  It's imperative that I have it assigned as soon as possible however I feel I'm being fobbed off.  This has real implications for me not to be contactable on my number and I'm not convinced that this is being handled at all.  The last person did admit that something appears to be wrong with the port in O2's system telling me it appeared to have become stuck in progress.

I really need help with this however O2 don't appear set up to resolve problems.  This is really beginning to make me regret coming to this network.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
You welcome.

I would circumvent live chat and speak to O2 uk customer services.

Contact Customer Service Number
From your O2 mobile 202 Free
From a landline 0844 809 0202 & 5p / min

Payg Customer Service
From your O2 mobile 4445 > 25p per call
From a landline 0844 809 0222 > 5p / min

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are all customers here too. Perhaps if you PM @Toby whoIs site staff he will
Try to help.

I've flagged your post to him too.
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
You welcome.

I would circumvent live chat and speak to O2 uk customer services.

Contact Customer Service Number
From your O2 mobile 202 Free
From a landline 0844 809 0202 & 5p / min

Payg Customer Service
From your O2 mobile 4445 > 25p per call
From a landline 0844 809 0222 > 5p / min
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

So was on with customer services appears there has been a problem.  The number port came through but my new sim number wasn't set up as pending and so didn't receive it.  They're looking into the problem now.

Hopefully, this gets resolved in the next 4 hours.  Thanks for your help and I'll update if there's any change.

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good to hear your getting sorted.

Take care.
Message 7 of 10

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Garie,

Let me know how you get on and send me a private message if you're still having trouble after today.

Big thanks to bandofbrothers for flagging.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I'm having the exact same problem now, what can I do? 

Still within the14 days grace, considering cancelling tomorrow. 

Message 9 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi I'm having the exact same problem now, what can I do? 

Still within the14 days grace, considering cancelling tomorrow. 

See your other post here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/PAC-CODE-not-transferred-over-fully/m-p/972829#U972829

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10