cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number Out and then In again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

There are some exceptionally good deals available at the moment, but only when taking out a new contract.. Those of us that want to upgrade lose out quite big. So i was wondering if the below plan of mine would have any issues?

1. Port my current contract number to another network Pay and Go Sim.
  2. Buy new phone and contract.
  3. Port my old number back into new O2 sim.

So the questions that I'm unsure of are:

1. My current contract ends in January. So will the cancelation (and the 2 months of fees that come with it) happen after I ask O2 for my PAC code?
  2. Can i buy the new contract now, and swap the order of steps 1. and 2. above?
  3. How will this affect myO2 account online? Will i need to make a new account for the new contract?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
No need to mess with PAYG sims, just get new contract and call 202 asking them to migrate your number to new account.
Your old account will end immediately and you will be billed for the remaining charges.
You will have a new MyO2 login but that can be merged with your current one
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
No need to mess with PAYG sims, just get new contract and call 202 asking them to migrate your number to new account.
Your old account will end immediately and you will be billed for the remaining charges.
You will have a new MyO2 login but that can be merged with your current one
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2