cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port number from O2 PAYG to existing O2 pay monthly contract?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I curently have an O2 pay monthly contract but have requested to have my phone number changed to an O2 PAYG contract (to keep the phone number) and have my existing monthly contact  terminated.

In hindsight however, I would still like to swap my existing number to PAYG, but I would like to keep my contract going. 

I have an existing PAYG number I would like to use to keep the contract going, but, after chatting online with an O2 agent they have told me this isn't possible, and as soon as my existing number is changed to PAYG my contract will close.

Can somebody who knows confirm this is the case please, as ideally I WOULD like to keep my existing contract going, but with a phone number ported from an existing PAYG sim card I already have and use...

Thank you for any help.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
There is a way but it involves a bit of juggling about....
Get a PAC for your PAYG number and port it to another network PAYG sim. Voda, for example. Then switch your current contract to PAYG on O2. This will close your account.
Take out a new contract with O2 then get a PAC from the Voda PAYG sim and port your old number back to the new O2 contract - Simples !! wink

So simple.....Confused

Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies.

I can transfer my O2 PAYG number to a new O2 contract without problems, so no need to go via Vodafone BUT I wanted to keep my existing contract rather than take another out, and here lies the problem - it can't be done.

I've found better offers elsewhere regarding new contracts now so hey ho!

Thanks again for help...

Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for updating your thread.

At the end of the day it's what works for you. 😄
Message 13 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You're welcome slight_smile Ultimately you have to do what's best for yourself with the minimum of stress. Just make sure your chosen network gives good coverage in the home, work and normal commuting areas before committing to a contract. They are easy to tie into but a devil of a job to get out of.

Message 14 of 14