cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Network Coverage

Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in Witney, Oxfordshire and for the past year, O2 reception has been absolutely appalling. Most of the time messages don't come through unless I turn off my phone and turn it on again. I have an iPhone 3GS but it has been absolutely fine reception wise until late last year. Why aren't O2 bothering to look into this when so many people across the UK are complaining?It's unacceptable for a big company to treat their loyal customers this way. Does anyone know if this network issue is going to be looked into properly?

I have checked the Network coverage page, and the maintenance updates and my phone has always been fine so this has to be an O2 issue. I would probably overlook this if it was one location, but the whole of the town I live in has poor coverage (though it's supposed to be good) and also in the village where my Dad lives, the coverage is non-existant.

I don't want to be fobbed off with a new sim or told that this is an issue with my phone, as it clearly isn't. Has anybody had a similar issue that O2 have resolved at all? I have been an O2 customer since 1999 or so, and will seriously consider switching Networks when I get a new phone...

Thanks slight_smile

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Phone them again to Inform of the issue. Unfortunatly unless people kick up a fuss it's unlikely they'll send the manpower to check it out for a while:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Have you logged a complaint with customer services?

Eg informed them there's issues in the area?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, but I didn't get a very helpful response.

Message 3 of 7

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Phone them again to Inform of the issue. Unfortunatly unless people kick up a fuss it's unlikely they'll send the manpower to check it out for a while:(
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a very similar problem at my home address in South Yorkshire just one and a half miles from the O2 Call Centre at Ventura, Manvers.

Mobile coverage in my home is absolutely appalling - poor reception and calls continually being dropped. The coverage chart shows that I should be receiving good coverage both outside and inside the home but that just isn't the case.

I've phoned 202 several times but just get fobbed off and in one case I'm ceratin that one of the contacts actually made up a situation just to get rid of me and pass me from Belfast to someone in Leeds who then told me to go back to 202.

My wife and I are becoming very dissatisfied O2 customers.

Did you get any joy with your situation?

John

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in Bournemouth and although generally my signal is good, it has suddenly become appaling at my home. This is a problem as I do a lot of work from home and I cannot rely on a good signal to make or receive calls to / from clients. This could potentially lose me business! Spoke to O2 again and they say that because I have made calls and used text messaging they will NOT compensate me for loss of service. I actually don't want any compensation, I just want my service back! The web site says there is a mast down but this has been over a month so why hasn't it been fixed?

This is also a safety issue as I (as many of you do) have children that rely on contacting me to inform me of there whereabouts. 

Any recomendations? 

Darren

Message 6 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If a mast is down they will be wanting it back on as soon as possible, there are areas of the country still recovering from being flooded so repairs may be taking a bit longer than normal.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 7