cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone stolen but no insurance ...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all - does anyone know what options there are if a new i-phone 5 which is only 6 months in to a 24 month contract has been nicked (but person in question doesn't think they have insurance)?! Any thoughts gratefully received. Thanks
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
First phone O2 now to call Barr the phone and sim.

Them try the findmyphone if it's turned on to track it before the phone Barr takes affect.
Whilst logged in send a reward message , remote lock it and wipe it. If on iOS 7 and activation lock is enabled the thief won't be able to use their own sim even if they restore it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2698

Then phone the police to register the theft.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
First phone O2 now to call Barr the phone and sim.

Them try the findmyphone if it's turned on to track it before the phone Barr takes affect.
Whilst logged in send a reward message , remote lock it and wipe it. If on iOS 7 and activation lock is enabled the thief won't be able to use their own sim even if they restore it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2698

Then phone the police to register the theft.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh and check any household insurance or bank account to see if insurance exists with them.

O2 will send a new SIM card which when it's received you will need to again ring O2 to lift the bar off the account.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's definitely worth checking home insurance.  I didn't expect my phone to be covered on our policy but it was.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where the phones taken from a car? If so your car insurance may cover? (But you may lose any no claims bonus depending on your policy)
Message 5 of 5