Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay monthly sim

Carlh319
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Good morning. On the 30th I was contacted by o2 with a sim deal for £15 a month. My card wouldn't work for registration so the operator asked if there was anyone else's card she could use just to register. My partner was happy to do that so she proceeded with her bank instead, everything was set up and I was given my contract status £15 a month for 5gb data ultd texts and calls with no extra charges. I then logged into my account and found that it had all been set up in my partners name (which I explained I didn't want at the time) not only that but the operator on the phone asked for our previous address to confirm identity. The sim has been sent to that address which we know is vacant and the last time someone is there is today. The sims still not arrived and this is the last day I can retrieve it. I feel like the operator just wanted a quick sale so done what she could to get us on board. If my sims not delivered today then what do I do? They've already applied the first bill this morning and it's for 16.93 not the £15 and only £15 that she claimed it would be. I'm still happy to pay this and build up to a device but one thing I won't be doing is paying for something I haven't received. I was with giffgaff which runs from the o2 network receiving 6gb + 1 extra gb of data (7gb) total ultd texts and calls) no binding contract and could leave at any time and was £5 cheaper. I'm starting to regret leaving that already as I'm already facing major problems with o2. Could I ask for any help on this matter as I'm new here. Thanks.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Carlh319
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
And does the o2 chat not work as I've tried numerous times over the past 2 days and it always says their busy. Thank you.
Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Carlh319 

You would be best advised to call rather than chat.

Numbers on this link Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Carlh319 you best bet is to call O2 this morning, there are usually very little queues at this time of the day

You have a couple of choices here

(1) they could re-send you a new SIM to your correct address and cancel the existing one
(2) you could cancel within the 14 day cooling period, and re-sign up with your details

In regards to the billing this is because you've have been bills for a month in advance and part of the current one (even if it is just a day or two)
Message 4 of 10

Carlh319
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for that, I will give them a call shortly. After looking on my bill usage breakdown the extra 1.93 is for VAT. Wasn't aware I had to pay that as I was told it would be £15 and £15 only. I'll still pay it if I get this sorted but if not I have around 10 days left to cancel. Is there a free number or a certain number that you know of to contact them. Thanks.
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Carlh319 

Sounds like you've been put on a business account through Aerial Direct.

You'd be strongly advised to cancel immediately !

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Carlh319
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
02 sim only unlimited offer. I don't see anything about a business account in my tariff
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If VAT is on top of the advertised price it is a business account.
When you call O2 ask who set you up. ie O2 direct or a third party reseller.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
It MIGHT be for a part month. (Might is in caps as not sure.)
Best bet is to call as advised.
Can you log into Myo2 and does it show there? If yes then it SHOULD be a personal (and not business) account...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

This does sound very much like a trusted partner who called you. I hope it isn't a business account because I believe there is no 14 day cooling off period. Your terms and conditions would be different to a conumer customer.

Message 10 of 10