cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay and go credit question

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm considering changing networks and if I do, I'm planning on having a O2 pay and go SIM card for the odd occasion when I'll be somewhere, where the network I'm considering moving to doesn't have good coverage.

I was wondering is it possible to put a £10 top up on, and providing I make a couple of calls per year. Will the credit remain on until such time that I use it up?

Or does the credit have an expire period on it?
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

Credit never expires, you just need to make a chargeable call every 6 months and top up every 999 days.

Make sure you pick one of the O2 Unlimited tariffs where you get to keep the credit. Some of them, such as the Bundles, take the credit to pay for the allowances each month.

http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/payandgo

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

Credit never expires, you just need to make a chargeable call every 6 months and top up every 999 days.

Make sure you pick one of the O2 Unlimited tariffs where you get to keep the credit. Some of them, such as the Bundles, take the credit to pay for the allowances each month.

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

My credit remains live as I use the account within the timeframe pointed out.

Remember though that services such as Voicemail is charged at £0.15 per call ,and you cannot at this time use Tugo.

Apart from that payg is on a par with contract imo.
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi @Anonymous

My credit remains live as I use the account within the timeframe pointed out.

Remember though that services such as Voicemail is charged at £0.15 per call ,and you cannot at this time use Tugo.

Apart from that payg is on a par with contract imo.

Thanks bandofbrothers for the help.

I would rarely use the sim, just say for a week or so a year or the odd day in-between when I spend a bit of time in the Lake District and only then in case I need to use my phone while I'm there, and I guess (going by the coverage map of the network I'm considering moving to) that I would have more chance of getting coverage with O2.

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Thanks jonsie for the help slight_smile

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
I can't see Tugo or voicemail been a major drawback based on your predicted usage so go with one of the unlimited tariffs as jonsie has suggested and you will be fine.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
No worries @Anonymous

Good luck with your journey into choosing.
Message 7 of 13

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

You're welcome @Anonymous hope you get somewhere speaking to customer service or if you opt for Three, good luck. Do let us know what you finally decide slight_smile

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to find one like this, where the credit doesn't expire, all I see are Bundles where everything expires after a month, where are these unlimited tariffs you speak of?

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Choose O2 unlimited.

You get some allowances and keep the top up credit to spend after you've used up the allowance or use it fir your next anniversary date.

Although all last only a month.
Message 10 of 13