cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Monthly - 4GB Download Monthly Limit. 'unlimited' data contract for over 5yr

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well today got a txt msg telling me my DATA is now restricted.

I appear to have hit a 4GB limit on my 5yr old "Unlimited" data contract. Guess the fair use policy can be amended on how they feel.

Well paying £22 a month for 4GB of data appears to be a tad expensive so may now look at other providers as phone call usage is these days quite low as I mostly use SKYPE , Emails etc etc

R

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unlimited unfortunately is not with O2 and they will stop the service in some cases.

Bolt ons or use wifi where possible are alternatives.

I have to make do with 1gb of data in my monthly allowance which is payg £15 4g tariff.

Possibly Look at giff gaff which runs off O2 and in some goodybags offer unlimited data.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unlimited unfortunately is not with O2 and they will stop the service in some cases.

Bolt ons or use wifi where possible are alternatives.

I have to make do with 1gb of data in my monthly allowance which is payg £15 4g tariff.

Possibly Look at giff gaff which runs off O2 and in some goodybags offer unlimited data.
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
This has been discussed before they seem to make up the rules as they go along on this one and supposedly it's not written down anywhere it's just up to them to make up as and when they feel like it I agree with you totally on this
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think giff gaff have 4G yet though.  They say it's due to be rolled out in the first hald of 2014.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
The Op is on a 3G contract
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The Op is on a 3G contract

Sorry, you're correct.  I read 4GB as 4G.

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I didn't say they ( giff gaff )did have 4G.

I said I'm on a 4G Payg Contract.

Just to clarify.

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
No need to apologise mate slight_smile
Message 8 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
giffgaff is end of March for 4G and Tesco announced today that everyone will get free 4G upgrade.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9