cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner going to France (he's on a different network), will I be charged if he calls or texts me?

Anonymous
Not applicable
As the subject title states, he's going to France for a week, we want to stay in touch via phone, but how much will it cost me if he calls me there? He is on Tesco mobile.
Will it cost to receive text messages too?

Lastly, how much will it cost me to text him?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, now I'm confused.
He's on Tesco mobile and even though I'm on 02, I can call and text him from the UK while he is in France and it'll be free?
On the international page it says it's £1.00 a minute to call France from the UK.

I understand it's free to receive calls and text messages now. But the sending part - surely it's not free overall?
Message 11 of 18

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
The sending part is based on a UK number to a UK number, the charges on O2's website are for if you were calling someone with a french number in France from the UK
Message 12 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147197 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions
If you were calling a French number you would pay extra, but you are calling a UK number which will come from your allowance for FREE slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 18

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
If you call him whilst he is in France you will be charged nothing (assuming you have inclusive minutes) he will be charged the international connection from the UK to France.
Message 14 of 18

MI5
  • 147197 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions
Free, free, free, free and all the glorious freeness you can muster wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys, yes he is on a UK number so that's great news slight_smile it's 4p a minute for him to receive calls from the UK.
Message 16 of 18

MI5
  • 147197 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions
Yep, sounds about right slight_smile
Message 17 of 18

jonsie
  • 93342 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions