cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid my bill but still no phone calls, texts or internet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

I lost all texts, calls and internet due to not paying my contract bill so therefore i paid my bill and i still have not recieved my texts, call or internet back and last time i did this everything came back within the hour. 

Can anyone help me or tell me what i should do? 

Thanks,

Rhiannon

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If you can't call them from your mobile then you do have other options.

1. Call from a landline : 0844 809 0202 5p / min

2. Possibly borrow a friend's phone. It's a free call if they are on O2

3. Use webchat if you prefer.

Whichever option you choose it will obviously have to be in the morning. Customer service opens at 8.00am but I believe webchat is available earlier. Hope you get it sorted:smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I'm afraid you will have to contact customer service on 202 in the morning to get your account up to date. Preferably call them rather than use the webchat option as account queries have been known to go unactioned.

Is it not possible to set up a direct debit to stop this happening again, especially as you say it's happened before?

Message 2 of 11

nofaithinthis
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

that is all very well but what happens if you cannot call?

Message 3 of 11

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If you can't call them from your mobile then you do have other options.

1. Call from a landline : 0844 809 0202 5p / min

2. Possibly borrow a friend's phone. It's a free call if they are on O2

3. Use webchat if you prefer.

Whichever option you choose it will obviously have to be in the morning. Customer service opens at 8.00am but I believe webchat is available earlier. Hope you get it sorted:smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @nofaithinthis and Welcome to the Community Forum,

If you don't want to set up a Direct Debit for your own reasons ,then if contacting O2 Customer Services is difficult if the cease of services happens ,then perhaps having some O2 Payg SIM cards to hand can help.

Just a thought.

https://www.o2.co.uk/freesim/
Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I'm still amazed that O2 allow users to cancel DD's for contract payments, after all, it is part of the T&C's that payment has to be made by DD.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I'm still amazed that O2 allow users to cancel DD's for contract payments, after all, it is part of the T&C's that payment has to be made by DD.

Exactly as I understood it. When I changed from PAYG to contract Direct Debit was set up both verbally through CS and then when the paperwork arrived.

According to the CS I spoke to at the time...as it was a contract, your bank details and direct debit gave O2 the 'certainty' that payment would be made...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Am I correct in thinking that if a Direct Debit is cancelled by the account holder at their end via the Bank for whatever reason then o2 have no authority to reset it back up therefore offer alternatives so they can be at least paid ?

Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
No one has the authority to approve a DD except the account holder - The point is that it is part of the T&C's which is not enforced.
Either enforce it (cut off phone until customer reinstates DD) or remove the requirement - Simples slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm aware of the Terms Rich I was just asking. slight_smile

Direct Debits are terminated for many reasons. If a bank terminates an account or stops the facility for some reason then surly its in o2's interest to provide alternative methods.

I don't disagree that the best avenue is always a Direct Debit but sometimes it's not always as black and white as that. 😞
Message 10 of 11