Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid for phone I returned

Tonia
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

At the beginning of the year, O2 rang me offering a second line for a good price, I thought I'd use it as a surprise present for my mum who really needed a new phone so I accepted. They said the initial payment would be £30 for the first month then I think £25pm after. The phone arrived and money out of my account almost instantly (great service). However,  after talking to my mum about it, she tells me her partner has done the same thing and she has already started using the phone. I thought no problem since we were within the 14 days cooling period and the phone and sim card were unopened. I called O2 to cancel and explained the situation, they sent me the packaging to return the phone and the new line was removed from my account. I assumed the £30 would be refunded soon after but it was not. I then thought maybe they would use it as credit and my own monthly bill would be less but again that has not happened either.

Any ideas as to why I paid a month's bill for a phone I returned? Tried to call O2 but it is not deemed an essential issue right now.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Tonia 

You should only be charged for any services used and as you didn't use any, the full payment should be returned to you, but, you will need to chase it up with customer service I'm afraid Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2