cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

My mum's PAYG phone has finally packed uo so she needs a new one. I tried to get her one yesterday by O2 wouldn't sell me one without a new SIM and topping it up also which is a waste of time.

So my Mum is going to try to 'upgrade' her PAYG mobile over the phone. Will they do this if she can't call from her own mobile (as it's broken)? She can't register online as they need to text a code to her broken phone.

Cheers.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm on pay monthly already so couldn't upgrade payg. But thank you for the suggestion.

No worries.

Worth a thought.

An alternative would to be to purchase an unwanted upgrade etc from one of the well known high street stores such as CEX.

Hope all goes well and your mum gets a nice new shiny phone.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

They could have scanned her sim card if you took it with you, which sends a code to the phone for them to use to action the upgrade !

She could put her sim in another persons o2 or unlocked phone to receive the code or make the call !

PAYG Customers.

From your O2 mobile 4445 25p per call

From a landline 0844 809 0222 5p / min

or try Live chat at a push.

Not really recommended for account / upgrade issues.

http://www.o2.co.uk/mobile/contactus

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks v much for your reply. I dropped in to the shop to save her a 30 mile trip and didn't have her SIM with me. Will try your other suggestions otherwise I guess she'll just have to make a trip! Cheers.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks v much for your reply. I dropped in to the shop to save her a 30 mile trip and didn't have her SIM with me. Will try your other suggestions otherwise I guess she'll just have to make a trip! Cheers.

You're very welcome.

Are you on o2 as you could possibly have used your sim card to action the upgrade.

I've done this a few times for my partner and children.

The upgrade goes through on my payg account and i just give the phone to them.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm on pay monthly already so couldn't upgrade payg. But thank you for the suggestion.
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No worries.

Worth a thought.

An alternative would to be to purchase an unwanted upgrade etc from one of the well known high street stores such as CEX.

Hope all goes well and your mum gets a nice new shiny phone.

Message 6 of 6