Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC codes and poor service

statts1976uk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Phoned up yesterday to give my PAC code and to transfer my number over. The chap at the other end was very friendly and assured me that everything was in place for an approx 12 noon transfer and that my phone may be out of action for about an hour, I was rather pleased with this and thought no more of it. I called up today to ask if there was a delay and lo and behold it wasn't booked for today and it might get done tomorrow but it might take longer. Why do O2 customer services persist in guessing at timescales like this and make false promises? I've only been back 7 weeks and this coupled with the whole Z2 debarcle makes me wonder why I bothered coming back!

Rant over!!!!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
From past experience it usually takes 48 hours to process the PAC and move your number over. Theoretically, it could be quicker but rarely is.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Here is a self help thread on the PAC Code process http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...

I hope they sort this out ASAP for you.
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's go public and use every media to publish and publicise  the unfair policies and poor service which O2 stands for! 

Message 4 of 12

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello @Anonymous

I've personally not had poor experiences/services with o2.

Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Please, do tell more.....
I'm sure we can help you slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

It seems @Anonymous used up all his rhetoric in that one statement?

I fear we will never get to know what his problem is ....Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It's not uncommon for someone with a gripe to post a "one liner" to sound off....
They somehow think this will work by stopping anyone else moving to O2 and everyone on O2 to immediately cancel their contracts wink
The truth is that it does nothing at all and their efforts would be better utilised by posting their problem and asking for help or advice - something that we are good at delivering quite painlessly here slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

statts1976uk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
To be honest I'm not sure if I'm looking for help or advice on this matter as there is little that can be done. I was just venting off as I've found customer services rather unhelpful and unapologetic for their mistake. There is nothing that can be done apart from highlighting issues in the hope that O2 might notice that people are unhappy.

Now don't get me started about O2 Livechat or O2 refusing to pay out On Topcashback!!!!!
Message 10 of 12