cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC code

Anonymous
Not applicable

I gave my pac code from orange to o2 on sunday. I spoke to an advisor again on wednesday and again last night. All promising that my number would be transfered within 24 hours. This still hasn't happened. Why? Do I need to do something with my phone? (iphone 5) apart from restart it. I also havent had any email or text conformation from o2.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Rather weird its normally a lot faster.

Your best bet unfortunately is to chase O2 and find out what's going on. There have been a few issues between orange and O2 porting in the past but nothing recent.

You could use online chat to save yourself the call costs. They're not amazing but some of the gurus are great so its pot luck.

Give contact another try and let us know how you get on:)

Welcome to the forums:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Moving from Orange, we see more complaints about them than any other company.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still haven't had the number transferred. Was told it would happen today for the third time and still nothing. Definitely not a good start with O2. This is 8 days I've been waiting now, so my old contract has rolled over to a new month costing me more money.
Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Just for your info, number porting is handled by an independent company, not O2. Orange will generate the PAC which you give to the new network who then request the port. It's all done by computers and as already mentioned there have been many issues with porting numbers from Orange to all other networks, not just O2.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Spoke to O2 again and they said due to a technical glitch it hadnt gone through. And it should be done within the next 24 hours. It's taken long enough like.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still not transferred. Terrible customer service.
Message 7 of 7