cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged?!

Anonymous
Not applicable
How is it that I’ve had a text message telling me that my bill will be over £427 this month and when checking my acco My I was charged over £300 last month too?! But in the last 11years I have not gone over £22?! All on calls over 800 minutes....I’m on simplicity. My mother passed away in October the charges kicked in two weeks after she passed. Although I was in shock I would have appreciated a message telling me that I had gone over my inclusive minutes....I can’t afford this. Why do I do?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Sorry to hear of your loss, but O2 don't issue warnings on calls usage, only data.
Unfortunately, you may find you have to pay, even if by installments, but contact customer services on 202 and explain to see what they can do for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
They did issue a warning today the day before my tome and data rolls over and it’s the second time the bill has been so unusually large. I have unlimited data so wouldn’t have gone over.
Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
For people on limited data tariffs they issue warnings, but no one gets a warning of exceeding mins.
The text you got was because your bill was so high compared to what they see as normal usage.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 14

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

I sympathise with you for your loss compounded by receiving the very large bills. 

I appreciate what you are going through and I know how many calls I had to make when my parents and my wife passed away and coming from a large family I spent a lot of time on the phone. Most of that time was spent using a landline though I pretty sure I would have had a good idea that I would have been going way over my allowance using my mobile. 

Call them as soon as possible. There is a dedicated department to help you with this. 

Oi believe it's the payment management team though someone will hopefully correct me if I'm wrong. 

Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I feel sick, why did they not warn me the first time it went “unusually” over, why wait until the end of the second billing month? It doesn’t add up and I really didn’t think I had been talking that much. 55p a minute is crazy. I really need to talk to someone.
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Jonsie
Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Call 202 (it's free) and ask the operator to put you through to someone to help you.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Call between 8-8.30am as that’s the quietest period 

Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you.
Message 10 of 14