cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered phone, no info on delivery etc

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered a phone from O2, I have an order number but no other details like when I can expect delivery, when I can expect it to be dispatched etc.

How long should I expect to wait?

All I have is 

"Thanks for placing your order.

Your order number is: order number"

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

I'm afraid we have seen it so many times. People order phones given the information on the website and even by advisers only to have to wait days and sometimes weeks for delivery.

Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
As the OP is not at the stage yet hopefully of being told the handset is out of stock ,lets hope they return to update their thread stating all is ok and it's on it's way.

Positive thoughts. slight_smile
Message 12 of 17

MI5
  • 144354 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Just like you Bob.
I hope so but I'm more of a realist!
Why no tracking number yet?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
No update from the OP yet so they may be in the middle of finding out.

It's my nature to be positive. Can't help it. slight_smile
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 seriously need to sort their site out if it says in stock it should be end of I would say if it's not it borders on false advertising
Message 15 of 17

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

My take is that if it says it's in stock then it should be in the inventory until marked as sold, otherwise if I'd ordered it and subsequently found it was out of stock I would cancel straight away  and go to a store to buy it instead.

As it is failing to provide the advertised service/goods surely any extraneous expence should be claimable too.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 16 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Honestly? I don't think O2 are being very fair about this. There have been a number of people claiming they have ordered online....only to find it was never in stock. Some have had payment taken as well...

Terrible marketing strategy for customers...but pretty good, albeit immoral, for O2 Shocked

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 17