cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered an iPhone 5s 16GB Gold online - said In Stock - bit it's not!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I ordered an iPhone 5s 16GB Gold online yesterday afternoon. Website said in stock (and still does) and so went ahead and ordered it.

Got the confirmation email and expected the it's been despatched email shortly afterwards - given it said order before 4pm and it'll be despatched for delivery next day.

Never got the despatch email. Phoned the helpdesk up just now, explained situation and she said "oh that phone is out of stock" WTF? No indication given either as to when stock would be in. Saying the Gold is popular is not an excuse! I go onto chat just now and they tell me it is in stock!  WTF is going on?  How can you be so mis-leading?

I was so Cat Mad I asked them to cancel the order - which they don't appear to have done!!

At no point, before, during or after the order was I informed the phone was out of stock.

Any O2 official care to explain.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would compile your complaint here in order to receive official replies.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28Rel...

We are customers too.

The forum is littered with similar stories I'm afraid.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would compile your complaint here in order to receive official replies.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28Rel...

We are customers too.

The forum is littered with similar stories I'm afraid.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for reply - have emailed my complaint!

Not good enough though! Dreadful service and a sure fire way to lose custom and loyalty in a flash!

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apples own ordering system is now saying 1-2 weeks so hopefully that will have a knock on effect on other suppliers.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi feline-fan

I had similar problems with O2's definitions of 'in stock'. I posted about it here:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/7/message-id/114526/print-single-me...

I asked some advisors what 'in stock' meant and why they are misleading customers.

I was due to get my phone on Friday there - or so I thought - but after I rang O2 to find out why it hadn't been despatched they told me it was out of stock. It was in stock when I ordered it and also showed in stock for a full day afterwards. I've submitted a complaint as you have. Probably not get our phones any faster but at leadt it might make them realise their way of selling isn't right. Good luck!
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems a lot of people are having this issue. I ordered mine on the O2 website on Monday. Had all the emails but no delivery email. When I ordered it also said it was in stock I ordered the 16gb gold too. After a chat with the online chat they said it wasn't in stock when I ordered but it was now and I could expect delivery in 3-5 days. But after reading through comments on here I decided to cancel the order. I went to carphone warehouse Monday ordered a 32gb gold on O2 and I didn't have to pay any upfront costs. My phone got delivered yesterday. It isn't on refresh but it's on a cheaper deal . I'd say if your impatient like me cancel the order and go to carphone warehouse. Seems this issue needs resolving as it is very misleading to customers. I hope you get this sorted soon slight_smile
Message 6 of 6