cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered a phone online for click ad collect but no email to state its ready to collect?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone slight_smile

I am already an 02 customer and my current contract i have had a long time (upgraded each time for the past 6 years.) Recently my credit file is shocking (wont go into details) and i have previously been declined for a secong contract with O2, although i am able to upgrade my current refresh contract by paying off early and upgrade or wait until it ends like i have before ect...

Anyway today i thought i would try again for a second contract with O2 for my 11 year old daughter as she needs a phone for when she starts high school and she wanted the iphone SE. So i applied and it 'seemed' to have gone through as i recieved the 'legal' agreements. I was a bit skeptical as to whether it was accepted because this happened last time and i got declined the next day when i went to collect from store so i quickly spoke to someone on chat to confirm whether it went through because i hadnt receieved a confirmation email and he said that it appears to have been sucessful and gave me a collection reference number and order refererence and then sent me an email with the details because i hadnt previously receieved it. he said i can collect today but i didnt go because i dont want to be disopointed like last time and plus i hadnt received the 'your phone is ready to collect email'

Like i said my credit is shocking so i doubt i have got it but why do O2 have a system where it makes you beleive you have been accepted when you havnt? and then make you travel to a store when you have not been accpeted? Its really disheatening. Ive been a good customer with O2 and paid my bills and completed 2 contracts with them all settled already and im now on my 3rd upgrade. So is there really any point in me contacting them again as to whether i got it or do you think the guy on the live chat was mistaken that i was accepted because surely if i was it would be showing in my account and i would have receievd the phone is ready email. Thats another thing, its not even showing in my account summary or in my recent orders???

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122817 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

The best thing to do if you are unsure whether you have been accepted is to contact customer services (not live chat) and ask them https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Also, see this information about collecting instore

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/collection-and-delivery#section1

To collect your order in store, you'll need to bring your 4 digit collection reference, which you'll find on your confirmation email, and your passport or UK photo driving licence.

If someone's collecting for you, they'll need to bring the confirmation email which includes the 4 digit reference code and photo ID confirming both yours and their identity. This should be a passport or UK photo driving licence.

We'll look after your order for seven days – if you haven't collected by then we'll cancel the order and give you a refund.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122817 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

The best thing to do if you are unsure whether you have been accepted is to contact customer services (not live chat) and ask them https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Also, see this information about collecting instore

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/collection-and-delivery#section1

To collect your order in store, you'll need to bring your 4 digit collection reference, which you'll find on your confirmation email, and your passport or UK photo driving licence.

If someone's collecting for you, they'll need to bring the confirmation email which includes the 4 digit reference code and photo ID confirming both yours and their identity. This should be a passport or UK photo driving licence.

We'll look after your order for seven days – if you haven't collected by then we'll cancel the order and give you a refund.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
If it’s not showing in your recent orders it means it’s not been accepted yet.
It will have been passed on to credit referrals for an assessment I would think so you’ll need to hang on a couple of days for them to make a decision.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks everyone

It’s still not showing in my orders so I will take it as an answer that I didn’t get it. Disappointing really but they shouldn’t make customers reads the agreements and agree and then tell the customer they can collect that day and then live chat telling me it was successful if it wasn’t. It should be a straight decline like other companies. This just makes you think you have it when you don’t
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You are better advised to call customer services and talk to them rather than live chat.
They will have more detailed info http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122817 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks everyone

It’s still not showing in my orders so I will take it as an answer that I didn’t get it. Disappointing really but they shouldn’t make customers reads the agreements and agree and then tell the customer they can collect that day and then live chat telling me it was successful if it wasn’t. It should be a straight decline like other companies. This just makes you think you have it when you don’t

@AnonymousAs I said in my first post it's always better to talk directly to customer services on the link given. The fact it isn't showing in your orders, isn't a reason to presume you haven't been accepted wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous welcome to back our forum! Did you manage to get any additional info about your order yet?

Message 7 of 7