cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered SIMO 12m 12GB deal - should be £18 but first bill is £33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone please tell me why my first bill is £33?

I ordered the SIMO deal online where it clearly states that the cost is £18 per month.

It doesn't say that you will be charged £33 then refunded £15 the following month.

Surely this is misselling/missleading at best!!

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144715 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
What usually happens is that the discount is applied as a bolt on. You can check these in your MyO2, but your tariff will always be displayed as the full £33 amount and the discount taken off when your bill is generated, so you will only ever pay the discounted rate for your basic tariff.
If they haven't discounted your first bill you need to call customer services to get a credit added to your next bill.
PS, there are no O2 reps here, just customers like yourself.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144715 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

@Anonymous you need to call customer services http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus or look in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 to see what the extra charges are for.

Remember that some numbers are not included in free allowances so will be charges extra.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5  Thanks for the quick reply.  I only ordered the SIMO deal yesterday and haven't even recieved the SIM card yet. 

The deal does say that the previous cost was £33 and I suspect that some sort of discounting will be applied at billing time but if that is the case it should be made clear when signing up for the 12 month contract.

I was expecting to be billed £18 per month not £33 with a £15 discount. 

It looks like the £15 discount hasn't been applied to the first bill.

Are there any O2 reps on here that can confirm this?

Thanks,

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144715 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
What usually happens is that the discount is applied as a bolt on. You can check these in your MyO2, but your tariff will always be displayed as the full £33 amount and the discount taken off when your bill is generated, so you will only ever pay the discounted rate for your basic tariff.
If they haven't discounted your first bill you need to call customer services to get a credit added to your next bill.
PS, there are no O2 reps here, just customers like yourself.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

this all depends, your first months bill wether a SIMO or a Pay monthly with handset, the first months bill is always slightly higher as it could be pro rata, and also a month upfront, call customer services on 202 on they will give you the reason as to why but my guess and its just a guess is that its pro rata and a month upfront.... let us know what they say 

Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It will always show as a £33 tariff with a £15 discount which appears as a bolt on. My tariffs always show like this. 

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

nice one @jonsie solved!! slight_smile 

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144715 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

LOL

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

LOL

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 9 of 9