Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order issues

YainKer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello there, I have made an order this afternoon for an iPhone SE 2020 on a 24 months plan and after paying for an upfront cost of £140, then a deposit of £125 which I was happy to pay as I am looking for instalments just so to take it easy in such hard time before going back on a pay as you go or a monthly contract. However to finalise the order it asked me for a second payment of £265  which surpised me as £71 more would have paid in full for the phone cash price. I paid believing it would get me the first payment back then after a successful payment it said something was wrong and that 'we will release your payment as soon as possible' and that if I have enough funds to make the order again. I phoned them spoke to 5 different persons who could not help at all as they could not see trace of any of it. Call the bank and thankfully they could. As i was on the phone the bank said that o2 cancelled, to try again. Did so after the £405 where back in and available. This time I did not change the customisable plan and went on what they were offering,  37months for £30 upfront, payment successful then again a deposit,  this time £175... paid the total amount of £205 and then same story. no one knows anything about it but this time the bank has to wait until tommorrow to credit back if not hearing from a helpless CS, sales....o2. I am furious that about £670 were debited off my account for a £476 phone and that they claim they know nothing about it. Has anyone experienced this or similar issues?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@YainKer 

We have seen a couple of people complaining of the same issue over the past 2 weeks.

As we have no access to the workings of O2's systems and processes, only they can tell you why this has happened.

However, numerous attempts at buying a phone and being refused will flag up on the system.

Personally I would go instore. They are open now and it seems a better way to order a phone, than to keep trying online

If you do want to call them again all numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@YainKer 

We have seen a couple of people complaining of the same issue over the past 2 weeks.

As we have no access to the workings of O2's systems and processes, only they can tell you why this has happened.

However, numerous attempts at buying a phone and being refused will flag up on the system.

Personally I would go instore. They are open now and it seems a better way to order a phone, than to keep trying online

If you do want to call them again all numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

YainKer
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Okay, that's weird then. 

Would have gone to the shop physically if I lived on the Mainland but this would be a very costy trip for a 'cheap' phone.

I will buy it directly on apple's website since even over the phone at o2 they cannot match the offer.

Cheers for answering

Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

No problem @YainKer  thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4