Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online number porting form submitted twice

Kauface
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi guys, I recently started a new contract and wanted to port my number over from t-mob. I got the pac code ok.and submitted the online form on Thursday, it showed up successful. However I got no confirmation text or email at all.

On the Friday, by 1pm, nothing had changed so I thought maybe the form hadn't worked. I submitted the form again but still no confirmation messages. Shortly after this I phoned customer services and asked them what was happening, they said they couldn't see anything on the account so they put through the request a third time. Later that same day my number began to port and it is all fine now.

My questions are, is there any reason they wouldn't have been able to see the request? And more importantly, will the subsequent duplicate requests mess up my ported number or will it all just be cancelled as the pac code has been used already? Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144148 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
I think Kauface was talking about his ported number been messed up by PAC requests done online, not referencing cancelling his old account.
The only way to remove this now ported number from O2 is to obtain a PAC from O2 to use on another network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144148 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Difficult to say why it didn't work online but now it's ported over OK there's nothing to worry about.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and Welcome to the forum.

For peace of mind you could check with your original network but yes O2 using the PAC code should cancel your account with them.

Let us know how you get on.

PacCode link. http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144148 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
I think Kauface was talking about his ported number been messed up by PAC requests done online, not referencing cancelling his old account.
The only way to remove this now ported number from O2 is to obtain a PAC from O2 to use on another network.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Kauface
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah ok i feel less worried now, cheers!
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Alls good then.

wink
Message 6 of 6