cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old contract not cancelled after upgrade and charged for two contracts since May

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I recently discovered O2 have been billing me twice each month since May. Turns out when I upgraded in May the old contract wasnt cancelled. Back then the new sim wouldnt transfer all my data over so an agent at O2 told me to continue using my old sim in my new phone and everything will be transferred over and cancelled etc. Fast forward to now, Ive been overcharged over £210 since May for this second contract that was still running that I wasnt aware of. 

Initially I wasnt able to get any answers from O2 because on their records is just showed one monthly bill, we were not wise to the fact then that there were two contracts in my name. In frustration of not getting any further with O2, I contacted my bank and asked them to cancel the DD for one account and claim indemnity ie get my money back backdated to May. Finally some bright spark realised there are two contracts running and I had to now get a new sim from an O2 shop so they can transfer my old number and account to this so they can cancel and disconnect my old contract. They say I should have notified them to cancel, I think not, I upgraded therefore that should automatically indicate a new contract is being started and the old should be cancelled. Then another agent said no its Carphone Warehouse at fault as they should have cancelled the contract when I upgraded through them again and they should refund me. 

Anyway things got complicated, the wrong DD was cancelled and I see now that I have been refunded the money I claimed back, but it was for the wrong contract. Argggghhh! So I dont know if thats going to cause problems for me because I have been refunded for my current contract when it should have been for my old one that should have been cancelled. My phone is out of use at the moment while the data is being transfered between sims, and I dont trust that it will all be done properly. 

My question is really, is there any recourse for me to make a complaint about the terrible service. I am on maternity leave and couldnt afford to have additional money billed from my bank account for a contract which should have been cancelled. And also what will happen now that I have been refunded for the wrong contract, will I get a black mark on my name now cos technically my current contract is now not paid since May.

I hope this makes sense can someone please just shed some light. Im supposed to be called this morning by an o2 manager but of course that aint happened yet, go figure!

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

There is an email address in this link for complaints :

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

It can take 7 to 10 days to get a reply but it seems to me that instead of upgrading a new account was started therefore using your existing sim meant the account was still running.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

There is an email address in this link for complaints :

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

It can take 7 to 10 days to get a reply but it seems to me that instead of upgrading a new account was started therefore using your existing sim meant the account was still running.

Message 2 of 3

MI5
  • 144781 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
CPW are definitely at fault but it has to be o2 that sorts it out for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3