cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 upgrade costs

Anonymous
Not applicable

In early March 2013 O2 advised me that I could upgrade my old phone. I was excited as I hadn't had a new phone since Jan 2010 when I took out my first O2 contract. What they didn't tell me was that if I waited 2 extra weeks I would get the same contract but without having to pay £50 upfront for the phone. I was upset by this so asked them to refund as a good will gesture. But apparently NOT! Has anyone else had the same problem? Do you feel let down by O2? I feel betrayed by a company I used to respect. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

In early March 2013 O2 advised me that I could upgrade my old phone. I was excited as I hadn't had a new phone since Jan 2010 when I took out my first O2 contract. What they didn't tell me was that if I waited 2 extra weeks I would get the same contract but without having to pay £50 upfront for the phone. I was upset by this so asked them to refund as a good will gesture. But apparently NOT! Has anyone else had the same problem? Do you feel let down by O2? I feel betrayed by a company I used to respect. 

Sometines after speaking to an 02 callcentre operative {NOT LIVE CHAT} it pays to ask to speak to a Supervisor or Team Leader to further your enquiry.

Also you can fill in the online form to make your issue official.

The nature of this industry moves so fast im not surprised new offers etc are hitting the net and stores.

I assume you did your homework and looked around at deals and offers both on 02 and other networks and settled on what your on now. 

Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

TBH O2 are now offering the best deal but I didn't really do my homework. I know this is my own fault but O2 used to be renound for giving their existing customers excellent deals so i had no cause to question the deal. I did live chat first, then spoke to an operative as the live chat "could not resovle the issue" anyone would think I was asking for the moon. I just thought they would do it as good will. Proves to me that shops like John Lewis are the only ones left with integrity despite being a huge company. Lesson learnt I think. 

Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

TBH O2 are now offering the best deal but I didn't really do my homework. I know this is my own fault but O2 used to be renound for giving their existing customers excellent deals so i had no cause to question the deal. I did live chat first, then spoke to an operative as the live chat "could not resovle the issue" anyone would think I was asking for the moon. I just thought they would do it as good will. Proves to me that shops like John Lewis are the only ones left with integrity despite being a huge company. Lesson learnt I think. 

Here is a recent off topic thread i posted which does show that its how you sometimes deal with getting what you want. I dealt with the 3 Network.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/Just-call-me-Mr-Helpful/td-p/432234

Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Answered in your duplicate thread
Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've actually taken one of my contracts away from O2, 1st they said they can match any deal. When i found a deal they said sorry we can't match it. 

Vodafone 12mth £47pm unltd mins & texts with 1gb net.

O2 12mth £73pm unltd mins & texts with 1gb net.

O2 said it's too big of a discount.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that I'd get a call back within a hour. 

Guess what, no call.

The customer advisor was just plain rude. 

So no suprise that O2 never told you that you could get ot for free in 2 weeks.

I think it's parent company needs every penny as it's so much in debt.

Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've actually taken one of my contracts away from O2, 1st they said they can match any deal. When i found a deal they said sorry we can't match it. 

Vodafone 12mth £47pm unltd mins & texts with 1gb net.

O2 12mth £73pm unltd mins & texts with 1gb net.

O2 said it's too big of a discount.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that I'd get a call back within a hour. 

Guess what, no call.

The customer advisor was just plain rude. 

So no suprise that O2 never told you that you could get ot for free in 2 weeks.

I think it's parent company needs every penny as it's so much in debt.

the op didnt wasnt asking about getting out, they were enquiring about an upgrade

Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Op has had her upgrade, O2 could have said wait 2 weeks but no. Pretty bad tactics from O2 I'd say
Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Op has had her upgrade, O2 could have said wait 2 weeks but no. Pretty bad tactics from O2 I'd say

it wasnt bad tactics from o2, they dont have to say wait 2 weeks, it was op's decision at the time to go on that deal

Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's were good excellent and poor customer service comes in. Keeping a happy customer requires excellent customer service. Op isn't exactly happy. hence bad tactics poor cs
Message 10 of 19