Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 switch up……lord help me!

Ward89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good evening all, I need help……I REALLY need help.

last year I used switch up for the first time I changed from an iPhone 14 to the iPhone 15 pro max. Around a month later I got a message to say I owed O2 money for a device plan and noticed that I had two separate bills (one device and one for the airtime) 

I recently went to an O2 store in Nottingham and changed my device, they discovered the my previous switch up was a total mess and that the sales person had set up another contract for a device only! They let me do the switch up on my airtime account and took my iPhone 15 pro max off me stating they would close this account because it was set up separately and gave me a receipt (luckily) 

it’s been another month and although the have the device I’m still being charged for it! 

so I now see my usual device and airtime and a separate “phone only” on MyO2

i have tried calling the store and they have raised a case with O2 to squash this account but it is still taking direct debits! 

other than take this to the ombudsman and go through a lengthy case is there anything g else I can do? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11561 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@Ward89 

You need to go back to the store and see what the hell they have done to your account, as sounds like they have cause the issue.. 

You need to go through the complaints process first before passing to the Ombudsman https://o2.co.uk/how-to-complain 

And o2 have and do take 8 weeks to respond...  

And the Ombudsman (NOT OFCOM) wont intervene usually with Device Plan issues..

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 2