Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 open discount issue

cardno4
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 21 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi people, bit of an issue.. Just upgraded from a contract I had O2 open discount applied for being in the Armed forces. Went to apply my discount again for this new contract and it's not accepting the coded via SMS of 'ARM01' which is what I used before. On the defence discount service which the O2 open site states it accepts the code is 'RNA01' again I get the reply that we can't find the company...
I log into my O2 open and it shows my number to apply the discount to so press it and it comes up with the red warning of "The O2 Refresh device associated with this number isn’t currently eligible for an O2 Open discount: Huawei P20 Pro" Does anyone have a solution here? At a bit of a crossroads.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Current thread discussing the issue here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/O2-Open-discount-on-Huawei-P20-Pro/m-p/111...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
There is a known issue with that phone at the moment being accepted on the website.
O2 are fixing this so should be sorted shortly and your code should then work OK.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Current thread discussing the issue here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/O2-Open-discount-on-Huawei-P20-Pro/m-p/111...

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

cardno4
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 21 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you very much, did just search for armed forces discount. Thanks again.
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Hope they sort it quickly for you.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

faze
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,
I am getting the same issue. Did you fix yours?
Thanks
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@faze 

Check the help thread here Guide: O2 Open & Friends and Family discounts - How to sign up 

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7