Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 no longer accepting my bank transfer payments

Surrey_Potato
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 no longer accepting my bank transfer payments from Santanders "Faster Bill Payment"system that I have used for many years.

Through many phone calls I find that the bank transfers were being categorized on their internal system as "cheque" payments (even though were electronic). As of 23rd Aug 2023 ( from this post - https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Paying-by-cheque/td-p/1642425 ) O2 no longer accept cheques.

Now my payment has been lost and I am getting penalized.

Anyone else having such problems or know of a solution.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Surrey_Potato 

The solution is a direct debit as per the requirements of the contract.

Guide: How to Pay Your Bill (Contract) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10192 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Surrey_Potato 

No one on here will know the answer as this is a customer to customer forum, although all we can suggest is ask your bank to provide evidence to you to provide to o2 so that they can trace the funds or call 0800 902 0217 and speak to the payment management team.  

It might be worth also speaking to Santander and see if they can offer any advice..

I can see o2 doing what other companies do, and if you don't pay by Direct Debit it will be £6 extra per month... a

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I've never understood why people cancel their direct debits then moan when O2 choose not to accept payments by methods they are not set up for

I wonder if they have direct debits for utility companies such as gas, electric, water and insurance

Not worth the problems of worrying if a payment will clear in time nor the risk of being without a phone should the payment be a couple of days late

Just set up the direct debit again and lose all the stress

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Bill has to be paid so no reason not to.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5725 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Surrey_Potato 

When you contact Santander as suggested by @madasaf1sh, please ask for the unique transaction identification numbers. These are likely to be eighteen digits in length.

O2 will need these to identify your remittances in their accounting records, as they have presumably been posted to a suspense or unidentified remittances' account. 

Message 6 of 6