cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 keeps failing to get money from Barclaycard

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

For some months now O2 say they have been refused payment by my Barclaycard account.

They have then barred the phones 2 off, variously.

Today, Barclaycard told me that many other O2 customers who use Barclaycard to pay O2 have been experiencing the same problem and that Barclaycard have been in contact with O2 and established that O2 know that they have a system problem.  Problem is that O2 Customer Services appear unaware.

Please, has anyone else had this problem and what is your take on this?

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147230 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions
For sure.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 21 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just sent the info again by PM - hope it gets through this time - thanks
Message 22 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Mr Evans

Please can you help?

I have 2 x O2 mobile numbers both of which are paid off in full every month by O2 charging to my Barclaycard. This arrangement started late 1996 if I remember correctly.

The numbers are: xxxxxxxxx & xxxxxxx, which is used by my Wife.

In December 2017, I experienced a service problem, which appears to have been experienced by other long standing customers, in that O2, having charged successfully to my Barclaycard for September. October and November 2017, have failed to get any subsequent amounts charged; the consequence was that my phones were barred.

In this particular case, which is still ongoing, the consequences have been dire and continue to be so. You will see from this link:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/O2-keeps-failing-to-get-money-from-Barclaycard/m-p/1107036...

just how appalling the consequences of O2’s apparent failures have been.

I must assume that your people have failed to bring these systematic problems to your notice, as the CEO of O2, else something would have been done by now. I know for a fact that Barclaycard have had so many similar reports from card holders that they have been in touch with O2 and at some level or other, O2 has admitted ownership of the problems.

Openly threatening to add extra charges to an account for late payment, send adverse credit reports to the credit agencies and cut off my service altogether if I do not pay up, when the root cause is O2’s, amounts to demanding money with menaces, and the last time I checked was a criminal offence. If you check the voice recordings on these accounts you find the evidence which clearly substantiates the foregoing.

Please, will you sort this mess out, not only for me but for all other original customers using Barclaycard from the Cellnet days?

Sincerely,
Message 23 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just sent the above to the CEO of O2.
Message 24 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 124345 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Best of luck @Anonymous. Did you also send a private message on here to @Martin-O2?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 35

MI5
  • 147230 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions
Apparently so at 15:35 this afternoon.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 26 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 124345 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

That's good to know....(I have been offline all afternoon so playing catch up)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 35

MI5
  • 147230 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

thumbsup

Message 28 of 35

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks guys! I'm now in contact with @Anonymous via PM and we're going to get this sorted out for them! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 29 of 35

MI5
  • 147230 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions
Nice one Martin
Message 30 of 35