cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 keep fobbing me off over premium scam

Anonymous
Not applicable
Three phone calls to O2 over the last 3 days regarding premium rate
Text messages I have received without subscribing.
The rather unhelpful call center is about as much use as a kick in the face saying I'm going to call you back sir and never calling back

I'm starting to lose my patience with O2 right now.

How do I get my money returned?
How do I complain about o2's shocking customer service?
Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you perform a google search their us quite a few people on forums non too happy with this company !

Example http://www.unknownphone.com/search.php?num=66033
Message 11 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to contact the above company and advise them you are receiving unsolicited texts from them and demand a refund and that they stop the service. This isn't something O2 can help with I'm afraid.

Message 12 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had the same sort of thing happen to me a few times O2 have always refunded me straight away and then rung the company for me and told them to stop and then called me back
Message 13 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

wanty o2 CS 202 keeps telling me they are going to sort it out....they provide me with a contract they should block these known scammers from the network, christ this company has been mining phone numbers since 2012!

it just isnt good enough

Message 14 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have to agree with you there well said
Message 15 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

email to o2 complaint, they will probably promise a call back like the useless CS department.

oh and for the record CS also told me tonight they did try to call me but i didnt have
voicemail set up? total crap my phone has no missed calls and no text saying i missed any calls and

my voicemail works just fine..

personall details ommited

I have spoken to customer support three times in three days regarding a premium rate number sending me unsolicited Text messages and every time I speak to an advisor they make it their mission to get me off the phone asap and promise A call-back in half an hour which NEVER happens.

I am extremely annoyed

I have been treated appallingly by o2 customer service now and quite frankly in the past also.

I am actually more upset with o2 than the company that has caused this issue at this point in time.

I want all the money this company has stolen from me by mining my number from the internet and then texting me in the hope I just won’t realise or check these charges.

I also demand some sort of compensation from o2 for my TOTAL waste of time and energy regarding this ridiculous matter….

Message 16 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let us know what they say mate
Message 17 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

i will update, i am just so annoyed about this i have much more important things to do like run my buisiness

Message 18 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree totally
Message 19 of 58

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

As advised by others report the scam to Phonepayplus they regulate theses numbers and have the powers to shut down and fine the companies unlike o2. eg http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/News-And-Events/News/2014/3/70K-fine-for-Ask-Bongo-texts-that-cost-pa...

O2 may make a good will geasture but just relying on o2 to stop it is bad advice use the correct paths and it will help everyone else.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 20 of 58