cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 keep fobbing me off over premium scam

Anonymous
Not applicable
Three phone calls to O2 over the last 3 days regarding premium rate
Text messages I have received without subscribing.
The rather unhelpful call center is about as much use as a kick in the face saying I'm going to call you back sir and never calling back

I'm starting to lose my patience with O2 right now.

How do I get my money returned?
How do I complain about o2's shocking customer service?
Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

66033 is a prolific scammer which is shared by various companies charging £2.50 each time plus £0.83 when text stop back to them. They must be making a fortune on this. I got stun by them earlier this month. They don't belong to O2 as they are an independent group of companies. This isn't your contract suppliers fault. They need to be stopped somehow as they are scamming thousands of mobile users. I believe they use a service based in dublin for the premium rate texts which then text back to the UK. I think they are owned by Zamano so something like that. I have seen complaints about them on other forums including vodafone.

Message 51 of 58

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zamano

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 52 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

had spam texts from 60033. deleted them at first and then realised i had been charged £5 for these messages. rang o2 and they gave me the phone number of the company who issued the texts. rang the company and they kept telling me i had subscribed to their service (they wouldnt clarify what the service was as i had deleted the texts!). told me i was then unsubscribed and that a refund would be issued although i'm not sure i trust the validity of that! o2 were overall helpful but how do all these scammers keep getting our numbers?!

Message 53 of 58

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143424 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
They mostly obtain numbers from the user unwittingly clicking ad links in web browsers and apps that have adverts in them.
O2 are only responsible for billing these services so whilst in some cases they might refund out of goodwill, they are not compelled to.
The correct route is to contact the provider, as you have done and if they are legit they will refund you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 54 of 58

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

The correct route is to contact the provider, as you have done and if they are legit they will refund you.

If I remember we had someone on here last week who fed back that they had been refunded after a premium number problem?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 55 of 58

MI5
  • 143424 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Any of these companies operating in the UK under UK laws should refund anyone who contacts them and complains that they have been unfairly charged - The problem arises when it is a non UK company who is scamming you as they have no obligation (or desire) to refund.
Remember it's a very lucrative business so legit UK companies will not want to be investigated so they will avoid complaints at all costs.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 56 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

hopefully the refund actually comes through then! will be careful about accidentally clicking ads on web pages now too!

Message 57 of 58

MI5
  • 143424 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We wish you good luck too slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 58 of 58