cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 keep fobbing me off over premium scam

Anonymous
Not applicable
Three phone calls to O2 over the last 3 days regarding premium rate
Text messages I have received without subscribing.
The rather unhelpful call center is about as much use as a kick in the face saying I'm going to call you back sir and never calling back

I'm starting to lose my patience with O2 right now.

How do I get my money returned?
How do I complain about o2's shocking customer service?
Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

weird eh

Stranger things have happened wink

Message 41 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
For me there are 2 issues here.

1. Charges on the account. The OP has been advised to contact the company providing these services and has been given the tools to do so. So he/she should do so. This issue is NOT o2's fault and could happen on any network including MNVO's.

2. Poor Cust Service. Here the OP does have a point. If o2 are promising callbacks then they should happen but as we know they invariably don't.

The OP has chosen to use the complaints review service. Depending on the outcome (which I suspect he will get some positive and some less positive outcomes in line with 1 and 2 above) he/she can then ask for deadlock and go to the Ombudsman Service.

In the meantime frustrating as it is the OP needs to contact the company supplying the service both verbally and in writing. This will aid their case.
Message 42 of 58

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
No longer relevant as Live Chat have refunded full costs wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 43 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
True but the OP states still unhappy? ??
Message 44 of 58

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
True but the OP states still unhappy? ??

Everyone has the right to be unhappy but apart from the failed promised call backs (which as you say hardly ever happen) there's nothing else O2 did wrong here.

Any complaint now has to be directed towards the way the issue was handled as O2 have already gone beyond their requirements by refunding the chgarges.

Not saying this was the case here but anyone can sign up for a premium service and then complain about it afterwards when they relise it's not free or have decided they don't want it anymore - just a viewpoint from a different angle and no digs or offence to anyone concerned in this thread....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 45 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agree fully with what you say there @ MI5
Message 46 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
Piper/mi5 I wasn't advised by CS to contact the company they tried to patch me to the company by phone and lost the line. Then I called back twice more to try and go through the painful process again and was never called back. They said my voicemail wasn't turned on which it is and I had no missed calls.
Therefore I am not happy no I was led around the garden three times by incompetent CS and that is why I my opinion O2 seriously suck.
Message 47 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
One more point I didn't sign up for anything If I want **bleep** there are millions of free sites for that thanks very much
Message 48 of 58

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
As I clearly stated "no digs or offence to anyone concerned in this thread" and you have confirmed that the complaint now lies with the way the issue was handled, and nothing more....

Currently using:
Message 49 of 58

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous 

1 Let us know of i2 complaint review service get back to you on tuesday

2 Same for Phonepayplus I note from website complex cases 14 weeks ? I would ring them and ask if they got your complaint.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 50 of 58