cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 in breach of contract?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am signed up for and about halfway through my contract.
However the service being provided is awful. Simply put the signal anywhere near my home is so weak as to be pathetic. It's taken ten minutes to get their own forum to load.
Does this constitute a breach of contract as they are not providing the service I am paying an exorbitant amount for?

I've had just about enough, I should be able to use the internet via my phone wherever I am not just in the odd place where the signal happens to be good.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
If I pay off the phone I'm still stuck with the service charges.

Well no, you're wrong there. 

Perhaps take back what you said after this?

Message 11 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
While I appreciate your attempts to help MI5 they are not helpful so please dont bother pal.

Suit yourself.

I don't need to help you so I'll leave to to it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 16

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

4 phones the same? I admire your faith and trust in O2 but as said, pay off the phone and give 30 days notice to end the airtime. No extra costs at all and you are free to go to a network that gives good coverage in your area.

Try free pay and go sims to check them out and get your phone unlocked free of charge before you end the contract . 

Unfortunately O2 won't let you leave without penalty unless you chase them and make a nuisance of yourself by making official complaints and contacting the CEO  (Google is your friend). Even then,if they agree, you would have to return the phone so all money paid to them for the handset would be lost,so far better to pay it off and walk away.Hope you find a suitable resolution from the advice given in good faith by fellow customers . 

Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
My apologies. Finally got through to someone English at o2 and they confirm that MI5 and viridis are correct.
Freedom here I come.
Thank you very much all and my apologies once again for any offence I may have caused in my rage.
Message 14 of 16

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

No apologies necessary . We are all customers here, be that a good thing or bad, but we usually know what we are talking about. I would be off like a shot if I had the same issues you have been having and I wish you the best with the new network . Please don't forget to get your phone unlocked,you can do it free through My O2.

Message 15 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good luck slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 16