Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 have cut my services off

TekW2020
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I’ve received my bill today like usual but I’ve had my services suspended. Payment isn’t even due until the 28th and when I phoned 202, I’m told By an automated message that I have to pay the full amount now to have my services restored. I’m at a loss as to what is going on and since 202 is now closed and Live Chat isn’t an option I’m wondering if this has happened to anyone else?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

TekW2020
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It was. Had another expense to care of last month so wasn’t paid on time but did pay on the 9th and services were restored.
Message 3 of 11

TekW2020
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
In addition, it doesn’t even redirect me to the payment line when I try to make a call. It literally just hangs up. Could this be because I changed my tariff this month?
Message 4 of 11

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Definitely need to phone them. It sounds like the automated system fired off a generic bar on the phone requesting the full amount. Now a s you have paid O2 should reconnect you without a problem.

Message 5 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 123121 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

So many problems with billing over this last 3 weeks!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 11

TekW2020
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
To further this, I had an email yesterday:

Hello kate

You've spent £36.19 more than your normal monthly bill (without VAT).
We've stopped you being able to text, call and receive calls, add purchases to your mobile bill on your mobile. To get back up and running again, you'll need to pay £118.33 which includes any existing overdue charges. You can pay through the My O2 app or go to www.o2.co.uk/Myo2/payment. Or you can call 0344 8090202 from another phone.

Once you've paid, your service should be back to normal within four hours (but it can take up to 24 hours). If you're having trouble, try turning your phone off and on again.

If you've already paid, or you're now spending less, you don't need to do anything else.

Thanks
O2

that amount was for last months bill which I paid so I took no notice of it as I thought it was just being sent late. The £36 charge was for an accidental pre-order on Microsoft but I did cancel it, it hasn’t been refunded due to refund delays with Microsoft and now it’s on this bill. I also can’t receive calls or texts so it’s pretty much like they’ve cancelled my line. I have no clue what’s going on 😐
Message 7 of 11

Shazzamonk123
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We feel your pain. Exactly same problem phones cut off 2 of us keyworkers and third one is sons phone. So now can't contact anyone at o2 worse still as a Carer can't contact anyone if need be or if worse case senario im help up at work can't contact my son 

sharon monk
Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 123121 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Shazzamonk123 @TekW2020 

Information re payment management team in this guide. Also other numbers to contact O2 on (including Skype)

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

Annimay38
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I spoke to an advisor 2 weeks ago and asked if payments where late what would happen. She said dont worry everyone is being given till 30th April because of current situation. Yet today I find my services off. Ive tried the 0800 902 0217 number and not getting anywhere being told its urgent or lost/stolen calls only and then its hung up. Not one bit happy
Message 10 of 11