cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 failing to refund the handset cost for a returned handset

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have any information on why O2 is taking disgustingly long to refund me the handset cost which I returned 5 months ago? Is this a general practice?

I took out a Samsung Galaxy S3 refurb on On and On contract early november and returned the handset as it felt very plastiky (personal opinion) but O2 failed to refund the hadset charges.  I got in touch with the customer services at least 4 times and everytime I was promised that the money was on its way and I would soon receive it but it never happened.  At one point in time a CSA told me that he will raise a credit of the amount to my ongoing account but he never did, everytime I ring up I get the same apology and the guy says he is filling up the form once again and I shall soon get my money.

Seem neverending.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

It certainly shouldnt take this long, maybe 10-14 days for a refund.

What the advisors are doing is correct but something obviously is breaking down at some point.

My recommendation is speak to CS and make get an advisor to take ownership (take his details) and get him to keep you updated. If not then speak to a Team Manager who will be able to do this for you.

I hope it helps

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That seems a long wait, it might help to raise a complaint:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

It certainly shouldnt take this long, maybe 10-14 days for a refund.

What the advisors are doing is correct but something obviously is breaking down at some point.

My recommendation is speak to CS and make get an advisor to take ownership (take his details) and get him to keep you updated. If not then speak to a Team Manager who will be able to do this for you.

I hope it helps

Message 3 of 5

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Do let us know how you get on rantrant
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I surely will. Thanks all.

Message 5 of 5