cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 customer chatline is rude and unhelpful .I regret leaving EE. Do Not go with O2.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Through work I was given a new iphone but it was on O2 when I was on EE. I decided to change as the prices were similar and would probably get phones from work in the future. WORST DECISION ever made. It took 2 weeks to port over my new number. In this time I had to carry 2 phones. (My credit was on one phone and the number on another)This was annoying but bearable. When I got my new number I tried using the phone. Apparently the numbers in my package were only certain ones .

Up to now changing from EE I had lost internet anywhere and calls. When I used the chatline to ask why my phone would not make calls the advisor told me I can only use certain numbers,then without my permission  the rude person on the chatline,decided to take away my package and just give me credit. I didnt realise this until I ran out of credit 2 days later.

So now I had bought a contract for a month. 2 weeks I could not use the phone because my number had not imported. 2 days after I got my number I ran out of credit. I contacted the chatline to ask why my phone would now not send texts and got put onto a very rude chatline operative. I asked to speak to his manager and I was cut off. I asked him to send the chat email log to me and he agreed but did not send it. 

Now I have my number with O2 but no credit. The package I bought still has 2 weeks left on it?????

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93280 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Terrible service without a doubt.

Your best option is to speak to customer service, live chat is something you normally only do once for the very reasons you have experienced.

There is a landline number in the link.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 146981 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions
OK, sounds like some huge confusion here.
I am not sure if you are contract or PAYG?
Can you confirm so we can advise better on tariffs etc please.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 93280 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I read between the lines as though it was P&G with no credit and hence the reason to use chat, but I could be wrong....

Message 4 of 8

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I read between the lines as though it was P&G with no credit and hence the reason to use chat, but I could be wrong....

That's how I read it too.

To the op, please call 4445 (if you are indeed a payg customer,  202 if contract) and speak to an actual cs representative. 

Live chat is notoriously unhelpful for anything more than the most simplest of things. 

Speak to anot agent, explain everything you've told us (we're just customers like you) and you'll have a lot better chance of sorting out this shambles. 

Really sorry you've had such an awful time of it. 

Good luck, 

Charlie. 

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have to agree, I regret leaving EE after 15 years. O2 just does not fit the bill. appalling customer services and appalling product services.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, I'm confused here.

Am I reading this right?

You were given a phone through work on their O2 SIM. you then ported your number over to said SIM from EE.

Would you not still be on the tariff that was set from work which usually only allow you to call certain numbers (Normally, only work colleagues etc...)

I may be wrong.
Message 7 of 8

Mark_1980
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I have to agree, I regret leaving EE after 15 years. O2 just does not fit the bill. appalling customer services and appalling product services.

Funny. 10 years ago I left Orange for O2 and haven't looked back. Every network has their problems, and every network has their own set of rude CS staff (in my experience, Vodafone were by far the worst).

It sounds like both yourself and the OP have been unlucky in who they've been dealing with. The O2 customer service guys are usually brilliant (and usually in the UK if you call them, which also helps).

I don't care what rank I am and neither should anyone else.
Message 8 of 8