Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 contract customers face 3.2% price hike from February

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/News/23540/O2_contract_customers_face_3.2_price_hike_from_February.aspx

Never welcomed News I'm affraid.

Just a shame it's had to happen.

So no network Is amune from the price increase now 😢

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 1 of 185
184 REPLIES 184

PiedPiper
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Some months ago, following various newspaper articles, I put a message on here praising O2 for never altering their tariffs mid-term, unlike most of the other service providers.

That message was removed. I didn't know why then, but I do now.

My tariff is going up by 3.2% in Feb 2013. So I hereby take make my previous praise as it turns out O2 are just like the rest.

Dave

ps I fully expect this message to be removed as well

Message 41 of 185

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
There is already a thread running on this so unlikely to get removed (maybe get merged though). Unfortunately, it is unavoidable and O2 have held off longer than the rest have.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 42 of 185

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Threads don't get removed for no reason, this is being discussed here:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/O2-contract-customers-face-3-2-price-hike-from-...

O2 are the last UK provider to do this.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 43 of 185

PiedPiper
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Apologies all round.

Firstly I didn't realise this topic was being discussed elsewhere - thanks for the link.

Secondly, I didn't realise my original post had been moved, not removed, and here is the link http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Some-Positive-O2-News/m-p/314392

Message 44 of 185

Anonymous
Not applicable
Change is hard and some either shrug their shoulders and carry on and some don't.

Both have a right to their opinion and can vote with their wallet next time their contracts are due for renewal. Like already said all the networks have this covered in their T&C.

Me.

I stick to payg.

Ok I pay outright for my iPhones but in exchange I'm not stuck in a long contract that can fluctuate.

Message 45 of 185

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I'm glad the PAYG charges are staying the same.

It's a shame I sincerely hope wages can catch up to inflation rates. I increase my wages paid with the inflation rate.

Considering the amount of tax paid i can't understand how people's wages are not being increased even the slightest:(.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 46 of 185

Anonymous
Not applicable

Like utility companies, mobile phone providers are joining the price hike band wagon, just pure greed as far as im concerned, i have NEVER had a wage rise that matched inflation.

That and Internet on Mobiles is the latest scam to fleece customers, best jacking the mobile internet side in and using WiFi wink

I think the prices are disgraceful as it is for what you actually get, i wont be renewing my contract which im glad runs out in January.

Message 47 of 185

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Just had a quick comparison look at providers and tariff's, purely for interest, prices for a free iphone 5 on 24month contracts with comparable mins/texts/data etc as follows:

Voda = £47

O2 = £46

Three = £44

EE (4G) = £46 + £50 for phone

So, not the cheapest but not the most expensive either and signal counts for a lot more than the odd £1 a month saving......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 48 of 185

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please bear in mind that Clause 5.3(a) is a retroactive clause: "we increase your Monthly Subscription Charges by more than the Retail Price Index (RPI) annual inflation rate at the date we notify you of the applicable price increase;" You cannot tell whether or not this will be breached UNTIL the price increase takes place in February. They can say one thing today ("Yes, it will go up by 3.2%") but if you get your bill in February and it's more than 3.2%, you can get out. Obviously O2 will be IMPROVING their current bills to give us a clear break-downs for line rental charges separately from call costs and package costs, because otherwise HOW WILL WE KNOW WHAT THEY ARE CHARGING US FOR? I've just looked at my last 3 bills and LINE RENTAL doesn't appear on it anywhere. Call costs, yep, browsing costs, yep. Line rental? NO. Unless O2 start giving us a line rental cost on their bill, this can't be proven to be applied correctly.
Message 49 of 185

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

Grasping at straws I believe.

has anyone got a thought through offering?

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 50 of 185