Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 contract customers face 3.2% price hike from February

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/News/23540/O2_contract_customers_face_3.2_price_hike_from_February.aspx

Never welcomed News I'm affraid.

Just a shame it's had to happen.

So no network Is amune from the price increase now 😢

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 1 of 185
184 REPLIES 184

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@jedibean

the date of notification not date of applying the increase so 3.2 is correct

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 51 of 185

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:

Grasping at straws I believe.

Well and truly grasped slight_smile The line rental is your basic tarrif, free calls and texts are included in this. Bolt ons (ie data packages) are exempt from the increase.... It really is quite simples slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 52 of 185

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

My price increase is 45p, which I can live with (I just remove another light bulb in the house lol)

But on a serious note, None of us are in favour of any increases small or large and when your contract is due for renewel, you either leave or stay depending on your circumstances.

All the networks have done the price increase and some more than once. This is the first time for O2 and it may not even be the last. But we all have a price to pay for what we use. 

People want unlimited data, but even three today has said that when 4g arrives it probally wont offer unlimited data (http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/News/23577/Three_cools_on_All_You_Can_Eat_4G_data_plans.aspx)

We all want something for nothing nowadays or want somethng as cheap as possible. O2 have never said they will be the cheapest and even though they have had 2 outages this year, people still choose them and stay with them, My self included. I can get a much cheaper deal on other networks, but I look at a couple of things.

I get and always had good coverage and have never had cause to question it. Some areas may not be the best, but ive been with all other networks and they have just the same issues in other areas.

Customer care (Call centers) have always tried to help where ever possible and are still mainly in the UK at present. I rang last night and got a really polite guy, said yep thats our fault and sorted it all out in a couple of mins flat (This is what i want) Ive rang o2 from abroad and I dont even pay for that call if Ive had an issue. I know my previous network a fair few years back when i was in USA, cost me £30 for there fault and it took me over 3 months of protesting to even get part of the money back.

On o2 Ive Never had one issue when abroad. My phone has always worked regardless for everything i use it for.

I dont get charged for a replacement sim or to even swap my sim over. Cant say the same for some other networks !

Per second billing (Lets hope that stays) Although i get unlimited mins lol

O2 have over 22+ Mil customers, so they must be doing something right in my eyes.

I also use o2 priorty all the time, Used my free flipflops this summer and got free coffee and cake.

I know some people will pay more than my self and yes you may feel it more. But its not just o2 that are increasing things, every body is doing the same. Things you buy in shops and supermarkets. Im affraid its just becoming the Norm now adays and Im sure o2 will not have done this likely.

Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 53 of 185

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@darrengf the voice of reason at last.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 54 of 185

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

darrengf wrote: But its not just o2 that are increasing things, every body is doing the same. Things you buy in shops and supermarkets. Im affraid its just becoming the Norm now adays and Im sure o2 will not have done this likely.

The others don't all have forums where you can impose the fact you don't like it either! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 55 of 185

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Well said:)

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 56 of 185

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

And Other dont have a Forum like O2 Forum

People are friendly and its like family.  Ive met some great people and get to chat to great people as well.

Where else do you get that.

Message 57 of 185

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
You still get the odd know it all, arse round here though!

Yes that's right I'm looking at you Liquid!
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 58 of 185

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

But we all still Love you Liquid lol

Message 59 of 185

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

'course we do........a bit! Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 60 of 185