Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 and credit checks

Ebritton14
Level 3: Thinker
  • 59 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi guys. So my phone has just been broken for to water damage. I resorted here to apply for a new phone because I have a contract on this network for my son. So I applied and they want a deposit for £300. (Baring in mind I’ve just broken an iPhone SE anyway.) I don’t have £300 in my bank otherwise I’d of just went out and bought a iPhone SE. I know I get it back after 3 months but I have an iPhone X on here and I’ve not missed a payment on it. Why are they judging an existing customer on my credit rating. I get it but if I haven’t missed a payment on my o2 account why aren’t they taking this into account? Thanks in advance. Need answers ASAP as in desperate need of a new phone
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Everyone is credit checked for new contracts, only upgrades are not checked.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Unfortunately we can't answer that.
You'd need to get in touch with credit referrals to find out why.

CreditFileReferrals@o2.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Ebritton14

Credit referrals are only contactable by email

CreditFileReferrals@o2.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

Ebritton14
  • 59 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks guys! I know what my credit is like (it’s not great) but do o2 credit check their existing customers??
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Everyone is credit checked for new contracts, only upgrades are not checked.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Ebritton14
  • 59 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Ok thanks. Does anyone here know if the sim only get a phone after 3 months is still a thing?
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, that's still going as long as you upgrade to a refresh tariff.
https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/sim-only-upgrade-to-refresh-after-3-months-terms-and...

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Ebritton14
  • 59 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Been speaking to a few friends and they all seem to say the same thing about their networks. If you phone or go into the shop you get a better deal. Is that true??? Sorry if I seem stressy but I need a new phone ASAP
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We usually advise going in store but they use the same system for credit checks so you'll get the same response in your case I'm afraid.
You only option with o2 is to pay the deposit but you might have a better response from one of the other networks........

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9