Did you mean: 

Upgrade not registering

gyakutengrrl
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I upgraded my phone and tariff last week online, my order came through and I collected my new phone from my local O2 store no problems. 

However, when I checked on My O2, my old contract was still live on there. I tried to put my O2 Open discount on my new contract, but the old one was still listed, so I couldn't apply it. I contacted web chat and they said it would take 24 hours for the new contract details to show. 24 hours later, still the old details. I contacted web chat again and was told that it would be 48 hours... and then when no joy 48 hours later, they changed it to 72 hours, and then 5 working days.

To cut a long story short (and many customer service chats later), I was then rang customer services. They told me that it should take 3 working days for the new contract/tariff to start. It has now been 7 days and still no new contract details on My O2 and no notification of a new tariff starting. 

My upgrade order still says 'in progress', which is odd as I have collected it and have the phone & sim. Customer services keep asking me whether I even have the phone yet, which is a bit worrying! I just don't want to be hit with a massive bill once this all comes through.  

I went back to my local O2 store and they said they had no idea what had happened and couldn't help... and again, when I last rang customer services they say they don't know what the problem is. 

I just want my new tariff to start, and to get everything sorted but no-one seems willing to help!! 

Any advice on what I can do next??

Thanks in advance slight_smile 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Only customer services can fix this for you as we cannot access accounts on here.
Keep trying on 202 until someone fixes it for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Only customer services can fix this for you as we cannot access accounts on here.
Keep trying on 202 until someone fixes it for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 3