Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Won't unlock my old phone

Tilleytoo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My mother bought an Iphone from O2, on a contract a few years ago.  The contract ended and she moved to another provider.  Now she has given me the old handset.  I've had it on a Tesco sim card, which is O2, so everything has been fine.  Now I want to change to a different provider, but the phone is locked to O2.  I have now phoned customer services 4 times to ask them to unlock it.  The first person told me 72 hours. Nothing happened. The second person told me she'd escalate it, 72 hours. nothing happened. The third person told me o2 couldn't do it, go to tesco. Tesco told me no, go back to O2.  The last person at o2 barely spoke English, but I think finally filled in another form and told me to wait 7 days.  I have written a complaint, but the automated message says now wait 7 days.  Why can't they just send me the unlatching code? (My mother has spoken to O2 as well and we have made a call together, so they have all the security details)

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Tilleytoo 

Guide here Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Tilleytoo 

Guide here Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Tilleytoo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had a phone call back from the complaints department and they sorted it straight away.

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35758 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Persistence pays off, @Tilleytoo - and well done on getting a return call from O2, a rarity! 👍

Message 4 of 4