Did you mean: 

O2 Switch Up and Cooling Off Period

Coupec
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

just wanted some clarification on the cooling off period for switch up. Legally speaking, it’s a new contract so does that mean we have 14 days to cancel after we receive our new phone after trade in? Cheers!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125794 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Hi @nikc0069 

Just goes to prove that some sales staff have had the training and others are still waiting.

As for the loophole, O2 closed it when they brought in this (as seen in the guide)  Guide: Introducing O2 Switch Up. Swap phones whenever you want! 

"This sounds different to what I’m used to. What’s changing?

From 3 August 2023 we’re changing the O2 Switch Up T&Cs, so customers will be able to swap their current phone for a new one every 90 days. Customers will still get O2 Switch Up at no extra cost when they take out or upgrade to a Plus Plan.

If you got O2 Switch Up before 3 August 2023 as part of a Plus Plan tariff you can continue to swap your phone whenever you like."

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 14

Jordz94
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just had a conversation via O2 app live chat and they've told me you can't, you would have to pay the full device plan cost to leave even though it's a new contract I'm so confused 

Message 12 of 14

garetc
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 129 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I asked about this at my local store recently and they said they have no idea how it would work.

If you switch up you can't revert back to the previous deal because your handset is gone unless your airtime reverts only. @Dave-O2 do you know?

iPhone 15 Pro Max (EE/Vodafone)
Samsung S24 Ultra (O2/Three)
Message 13 of 14

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 792 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @garetc 

You can still return the device within 14 days, we'll then need to arrange for you to be moved onto a SIM only deal.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 14 of 14