cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2! Sort it out! Switching from Pay Monthly to Pay and Go

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Ok. Over a month ago now I enquired about switching from Pay Monthly to a Pay As You Go sim due to my contract coming to an end on the 21 September 2013. I was told I would have a sim card sent out to me within 7 days and then as soon as I activated it I would be on Pay As You Go. After over 2 weeks the sim card hadn't arrived. So I got in touch again on the useless Live Chat service. Once again I was assured I would have a sim card sent to me and that my Pay Monthly account will be completely deactivated on the 9 October 2013.

This was 9 days ago and I still have not recieved the sim card and I am still being chrged for my Monthly bill even though I am not even using it now AND the service has been cut for two weeks now. Even though the useless representative on the Live Chat assured me the service was still going. It isn't. I have had a "No Sim" message for two weeks now.

So I have cancelled my direct debit as you have taken a bill from me on the 10 October so I do not see why I need to leave it open considering I have no service so am not actually using the tarriff and I have still not received my sim card. So my phone is currently useless. 

The general service has been appalling and the Live Chat representatives useless. If there are any actual O2 people out there and not these idiots on the Live Chat that can actually do something then please, show yourselves. In the meantime I am not paying another penny to O2.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi NateSpence.

I understand your frustration regarding this procedure ,which should have been a simple switch.
We are customers here too so you will need to make contact personally with O2 Customer Services personally.

However just to advise even though what you have asked for is in no way wrong actually stopping your direct debit could mean O2 place a default on your account if not resolved ,which can affect your credit file resulting in difficulty in obtaining credit in the future and be really difficult to get this default removed even when it's acknowledged it's not the person at fault.

SIM cards can be collected from any O2 shop ,where they will be able to process the keep my number procedure for you.

Live Chat are non Uk outsourced Call-centres, who we advise are ok for low level general enquiries. Obviously you may not have know this but anyone coming here for prior advice are told this.

Now any contact with them about your account should be logged so any monies taken in error should be returned to you.

For future contact with O2 it's best to ring them from an O2 powered mobile or from a landline.

landline 0844 809 0202 > 5p / min

If you collect an O2 sim from your local store they will be able to carry out the procedure and deal with the swap over of your details to your new pay as you go sim ,and let you speak to customer services to sort out your account.

Hope things get resolved for you.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. I understand that calling them would have been best however I am currenlty based in Kuala Lumpur and so to save on cost of calls I thought it would be simple enought to request this over live chat. I plan on having the sim sent to the uk and then have family post it to me as I am simply using it to keep my number until I return rather than contnue paying for a monthly tarriff I'm not using.

It seems someone has finally put the order through as I just received an email for the first time actually stating an order. I messaged them on twitter so maybe they decided to actually do something about it.

Regarding the direct debit, they have taken what should be the last bill so I will wait and see if they request me to switch this back on, which they shouldn't need to as my contract is up and they have stopped service on my pay monthly sim.

I would like to think they would email me first to let me know if they need this to be left on for them for whatever reason before placing a default on my account.

Hopefully.

Thanks for your reply anyhow. I thought maybe a member of O2 would pick this post up, but I guess this is just for customers.

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Hope all goes well for you with the account.

I would advise you to keep checking My O2 just to ensure there are no further charges for your monthly account. You may also find yourself in credit once the migration to P&G has been fully processed at which point you would need to request the credit be paid into your account or transferred to your P&G number.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well let's hope things go Ok now.

Take care.
Message 5 of 5