Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Roaming Italy

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am actually in Italy for my holidays. On 15th of June I recived this message:
"Welcome to ITALY.
Now, all calls, texts and data you use in our Europe Zone will come out of your normal UK allowance. So roaming in Europe feels just like home. For more info and terms, visit: <www.o2.co.uk/paym/roam-in-eu>.
Call 112 for emergency services across Europe. More for you."

I thought it will be automatically changed from Uk to Italy but I am now just able to use the calls. How can I set my phone for the data?
Thanks everyone
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144777 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Good thread anyway.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 123198 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Yes a bit like all the others complaing about changes to roaming......:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 26

MI5
  • 144777 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Yup.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

So without sounding like a divvy, O2 are still restricting the speed of data whilst roaming? even in the EU?

Message 14 of 26

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous yes and no sign when it will be removed

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 15 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamtemp64 wrote:

That is utterly appalling by O2. EVERY other operator provides full speed internet whilst roaming. Even more glad i switched to Vodafone now.....and they include Turkey in their list of EU countries.

Very poor show O2 Smiley Mad

Message 16 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 123198 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@adamtemp64 wrote:

That is utterly appalling by O2. EVERY other operator provides full speed internet whilst roaming. Even more glad i switched to Vodafone now.....and they include Turkey in their list of EU countries.

You probably did the right thing moving networks @Anonymous A lot of users are doing the same. Sad for o2 but if they can't deliver a service then customers have no choice really

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@adamtemp64 wrote:

You probably did the right thing moving networks @Anonymous A lot of users are doing the same. Sad for o2 but if they can't deliver a service then customers have no choice really

I actually moved 18 months ago after my signal deteriorated to being useless. I have to say, Vodafone have never let me down signal wise; they even gave me 2GB data for nothing when i told them i was going abroad!!

Message 18 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do these speed restrictions apply to business customers too?

I queried this speed restriction with our O2 wholesale account manager and have been informed there is no speed restriction whilst roaming in the EU.

Could someone verify?

Message 19 of 26

MI5
  • 144777 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
That's the company line they feed everyone.....

Currently using:
Message 20 of 26