cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Refresh and Customer Loyalty - a good idea but again little help for existing customers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well having just got off the phone with a very nice lady at O2, whose own line manager said they thought it ridiculous that with the new Refresh available, O2 still won't look at this on a case by case basis, I'm tied into this - and whats more ridiculous is that on the current contract I am on if I wanted out not only would I have to pay off the phone but pay for services which are no longer being provided - IE: airtime etc etc. I checked, that's over £600 left over the next 16 months of my 24 month contract. The person on the phone said have I tried to see "what O2 would give on Recycle" - yes I have and it's £240 - that doesn't even begin to cover. Yet O2 won't look at each case separately and see if they can work with EXISTING and LOYAL customers.

I have a phone which is useless for my needs and I am now stuck with it for the next 16 months. O2 won't look at this on a case by case basis and amend contracts to transfer to Refresh, so basically O2 have swung a shiny carrot at its customers that won't actually help a lot of us at this time. Yet again I feel loyal customers are being kicked in the teeth. I see no reason why O2 can not look at this on a case by case basis, especially if they know the customer is willing to sell the phone back to them (and we all know O2 sells refurbished phones back at double what the customer will get on Recycle) and take out a new phone contract with them for a different handset.

Seems wholly unfair, and it's left me feeling very upset - I look at the brick I have sitting on its charger right now (iPhone 5) and it sickens me to know I can not get out of this phone contract and there is nothing O2 is willing to do to help. Please don't get me wrong I am well aware what a contract means BUT what I am upset about it O2 puts this new system out there which would benefit a LOT of existing customers and yet they are not willing to work with them to see if there are merits to moving customers over based on the case presented to them.

It seems that loyalty is no longer rewarded.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm afraid that in 12 months time when my contract is up for renewal, I will no longer be an O2 customer. 

Which is entirely your choice, but do come back and let us know when you find a network that allows you to change your mind half way through your contract, penalty free......

if you find one then 22 million will join midway

Message 21 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I understand where your coming from but you signed up to a 2 year contract which is something I and many others wouldn't do because we don't want to be tied in unfortunately deals change all the time
Message 22 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

of coues you wont get £600 pound for it but you will get more than o2 will give you for it and as the saying goes you cant have your cake and eat it sell it on ebay

Message 23 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently renewed my contarct in the local o2 shop,I went for the Nokia Lumia 720.During the process I was not offered o2 Refresh nor was it explaned to me I had this option. I am a loyal customer and feel that during the renewal process this is something that o2 sales staff should have explaned.This handset is avialable on o2 refresh.I am now in the process of looking at other operaters (best deals to date is Three) which I understand have just acquired o2 in the South of Ireland which will put them on a par with Vodafone.

Very Unhappy

Message 24 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

T & C at point of sale its up to those sales assistants to offer o2 Refresh to those individuals who are loyal customers.Your not being offered o2 Refresh when you upgrade your contract/phone at an o2 store. You can get o2 Refresh on line. My son was given this option when he upgraded his phone to a Samsung Galaxy S4.

Message 25 of 28

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

My son was given this option when he upgraded his phone to a Samsung Galaxy S4.

If your son was offered it why couldn't you ask about it, it's been on offer for several months now and is on the main web site too?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 26 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did ask about o2 Refresh while in store and was told I wasn't eligible becasue I was due an upgrade.Seems that the sales rep hadn't a clue what she was talking about.If o2 Refresh is avialable online then its available instore.Mis-information sales rep o2 instore. I am sorry I went ahead with the upgrade.

Message 27 of 28

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You were badly misinformed then.

An official complaint might get you some redress:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 28 of 28