Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Pay Monthly Nightmare

AM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I took out a sim only 12 month contract with O2 in October 2018. I subsequently got a better deal elsewhere so cancelled this contract with O2 on the exact same day.

However, recently I noticed direct debit payments being taken from my bank account, so I called O2, and received an apology for this. Further, O2 confirmed that I had cancelled the contract, and the payments should not have been taken from my account so I was given a refund and assured no payments will come out of my account again.

However, recently I have just been refused an extension to my mortgage offer due to my credit score, and found that O2 had put a mark against my credit file on 17 February 2019 for late payment! 

I have been told by O2 customer service that the only way to have my credit report corrected is by contacting O2 credit referrals via email (creditfilereferrals@o2.com). I sent an email about 3 days ago and have had no response. I am in the process of seeking a mortgage for a property I have reserved and will incur damages if this is not done urgently.

Apparently the team do not have a contact number and nobody else can help!

I had been an O2 pay and go customer for years prior to this. What an awful way to treat people.

Can anyone advise?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AM
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi,

Yes, this whole saga appears to have been resolved now after an entire week of unnecessary stress, and O2 have said they will credit my bank account with £30 as a resolution. However, given my experience and the lengths it appears that the company would go to just to damage someones credit rating I don't think I would ever consider going back to O2 again.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@EmilieT 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @AM , and sorry to hear about your recent experience. As it's been a few days since you posted, I was wondering if you had heard anything further or were still waiting for a reply? If you are, I'd gladly check on my end if there is anything else we can do to help get this sorted!

Thanks @MI5 for the mention slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 4

AM
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi,

Yes, this whole saga appears to have been resolved now after an entire week of unnecessary stress, and O2 have said they will credit my bank account with £30 as a resolution. However, given my experience and the lengths it appears that the company would go to just to damage someones credit rating I don't think I would ever consider going back to O2 again.
Message 4 of 4