cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open Questions

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a Siemens employee, I believe we're eligible for the O2 Open discount scheme, but have a question.

The lady in the O2 shop mentioned that we got a discount, and said that it is 30%.  Looking at the S5, which on a £38/month contract breaks down as £20 for paying for the handset and £18 for the tariff, but the discount only applies to the tariff, making it £12.60 for a total of £32.60/month?

However, having learnt of the discount, I went delving into our (quite frankly useless) corporate deals site and found the O2 open discount mentioned, and that talks of £75 credit on a £20+/month contract and £50 for under £20.

Which of these is the current deal?  There seems to be mention of both on the forums here from a quick search. 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

The old O2 Open deal was for a £75 credit on yoru account.

Since moving to O2 refresh contracts, the discount is now a 30% discount off the Airtime portion of your contract.

Hope this helps!

Edit: I better add that these figures were for the NHS O2 Open discount, so may differ for you!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

The old O2 Open deal was for a £75 credit on yoru account.

Since moving to O2 refresh contracts, the discount is now a 30% discount off the Airtime portion of your contract.

Hope this helps!

Edit: I better add that these figures were for the NHS O2 Open discount, so may differ for you!

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that slight_smile

It doesn't surprise me that our corporate discount site is wrong/outdated.  It does take you to a page that isn't actually an O2 page, but the T&Cs link at the bottom does link to the O2 T&Cs page.  I would try contacting them.... but wouldn't hold much hope on them doing anything.

I think the 30% is the standard discount.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yes I can confirm and back up the above statement or 30% off the airtime.
Note it is 30% off the pre vat price then vat is added to that. So it's £18 - vat - 30% + vat
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the discount is taken off pre-VAT, then it doesn't make any difference (by my maths) as it would be:

£18 inc 20% VAT = £15 without VAT.

30% off £15 is £10.50

Then £10.50+ VAT is £12.60.

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Official O2 FAQ link here https://o2open.co.uk/O2Open/servlets/ShowFAQ
Message 6 of 6