Did you mean: 

O2 Network suddenly withholding my mobile number

Kernow_Mark
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi All,

Bit of a strange one, and had no joy with reporting the issue via the O2 My Network App, so opening it up to a wider audience ..

I've got an iPhone 7, and have always had my Caller ID settings to present/show my phone number.

As of late, on at least 3 occasions, in 3 seperate areas (differents cell towers) the O2 network has decided to show my number as unavailable ? 

A bit annoying for me as most of my friends and relatives use a True Caller call-screening device, which will only accept inbound calls from numbers in it's whitelist.  Hence, whenn True Caller gets an inbound call that presents as Unavailable or Witheld it doesn't connect the call, but screens it (adding maybe 30 seconds, maybe more) to the call I'm making.  When you're in a hurry, it's a right pain in the proverbial.

So, O2 - what's going on ?  I've reported it via the My Network App, but no faults have been identified, but clearly there has been a problem.  Is it going to happen again ?  What are you doing about it ?

If there are network upgrades going on, then a helpful heads up would be great, otherwise me thinks you've problems with your network that you aren't admitting to wink

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

iZian
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have this issue also. If you change phone settings to not send the ID then it shows Withheld. This problem is that it randomly shows Unavailable. So I can call a landline 10 times and 7 will show my number and 3 will show Unavailable
Message 21 of 22

iZian
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Did you enable WiFi calling? I have the same phone and this happened to me around the same time of the year and that was somewhen not too long after going to WiFi calling and I used to have the old TuGo app
Message 22 of 22