Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Network Shocking Service

jimmybee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Myself and my wife both get only 1 bar of signal sometimes of 4G or 3G, it’s terrible and I left EE to come back to O2, wish I never bothered.
Can’t contact O2 on the phone about it as they won’t take service faults Over the phone now but I can upgrade if i want?! (££)
Can’t report to O2 chat as that’s not working , so I’m stuck with a **** reception with no help.
The service status reports my area is ‘busy right now’ which it does all the time.

It’s only been like this for just over a week, before we Ok, not the best but at least 3 bars around the house.

I’m getting sick of it as I work from home and clients are telling me they can’t get through.

Someone point me to somewhere as I’m up for leaving and cancelling the contract I’ve been in for less than 3 months to go back to EE.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

bigdavie88
Level 9: Fired up
  • 144 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 14 Solutions

Did you check what your coverage would be with O2 before moving from EE?

Why did you leave EE for O2? Was this due to pricing etc as cheaper isnt always better.

Before moving networks this should always be first thing to check especially when it comes to indoor coverage as this isnt guaranteed with any network and factors like mast positions, your building type and the materials your house is made with come into it.

If a customer was leaving O2 I would always suggest to them that they buy a pay and go sim card for each network as these can be purchased for a £1 most places and test the network coverage for each sim to see what ones best however most will people will go with a cheaper option then complain its not working properly without doing their due dilligence first.

Going by your post it seems EE have good coverage in your location indoors which suggests their mast is in a location which is best suited to provide you what you require. If O2 worked there previously it may be that the amount of O2 users at your location has increased since your last time you were with O2 which can also have a detrimental effect on service.

Message 2 of 4

O2Karl
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Hi Jimmy

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the signal.

If you can't get through on 202 to report a fault, you can download an App called My Network it let's you get status updates, report issues and test your data speeds.

You can also check coverage and service status updates by clicking here.

signature
Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35812 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

In addition to the advice already given, here is the list of items O2 will help with if you call them on any of the numbers in this Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support, @jimmybee :

Screenshot_20200516-093858.jpg

Good luck! 

Message 4 of 4