Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Insurance

Emz89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 44 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My Samsung S21 ultra arrived today. Thanks o2. It feels super special and I think I should actually insure this one.

I have a note 8 and now a note 10+ both with cracked screens in a drawer. The trade in was pretty good had they been in decent condition.

Is the o2 insurance worth while. I know it will be for say if I dropped the screen..I guess what I really wanna know is that the claim process is hassle free and efficient.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Emz89 There are much cheaper and better insurance policies for mobiles if you shop around. Google will give you many choices. Also many homeowners/renters insurance policies cover mobiles, as do many banks. You have lots of options.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Emz89 

We get the occasional complaints on here but in general they seem pretty good.

I made a claim for my daughters phone a couple of years ago and it went fine. A replacement phone arrived within 24 hours.

You may find cheaper cover elsewhere and some bank accounts and house insurance policies may also cover you.

The advantage of going direct to O2 is that you don't have to validate your phone and prove anything as O2 already have the details of your device.

Other companies will require you to supply proof of usage etc.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Emz89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 44 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It does seem like it would be easier with o2
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Emz89 

You've got 28 days to shop around and ask questions before missing the chance for O2 insurance. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/services/mobile-insurance

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5