Level 4: Observant
  • 181 Posts
  • 36 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

My personal opinion,and nothing against tesco or giffgaff, is that they shouldn't have it now because it's still very new and they are still working on the coverage so why overload the network?!

Message 11 of 29

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

O2 is a major shareholder in both MVNO's, so I have to disagree. If O2 is happy to supply the network and take the profit, anyone using that network should enjoy the same benefits. It's not the user's fault that the prices on the MVNO's is lower.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 29

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 14 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bambino wrote:

"O2 is a major shareholder in both MVNO's, so I have to disagree. If O2 is happy to supply the network and take the profit, anyone using that network should enjoy the same benefits. It's not the user's fault that the prices on the MVNO's is lower."

I appreciate where you're coming from, but if an MVNO is being branded as a "budget" mobile network (as giffgaff used to be) then customers shouldn't really expect premium products.
Message 15 of 29

Bambino
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@Bambino wrote:

"O2 is a major shareholder in both MVNO's, so I have to disagree. If O2 is happy to supply the network and take the profit, anyone using that network should enjoy the same benefits. It's not the user's fault that the prices on the MVNO's is lower."

I appreciate where you're coming from, but if an MVNO is being branded as a "budget" mobile network (as giffgaff used to be) then customers shouldn't really expect premium products.

Show me where it says 'budget' on either GiffGaff or Tesco's sites. O2 makes a tidy profit from both MVNO's. If a customer feels they're better off with O2 itself, that's up to them. Most people using MVNO's don't even know which network they're using. Maybe O2 should openly say they that they discriminate between taking a contract with them or an MVNO. You think they will? I don't.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 29

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
They're a confused identity these days, which is why I suggested that they "used to be" a budget brand. But there's no coincidence why giffgaff's customers put up with less of a service than we enjoy on O2. The most common complaint in their forums is about slow data speeds. Would you be happy for O2 to offer up more bandwidth to giffgaff, even if it was detrimental to your own mobile internet experience?
Message 18 of 29

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
They're a confused identity these days, which is why I suggested that they "used to be" a budget brand. But there's no coincidence why giffgaff's customers put up with less of a service than we enjoy on O2. The most common complaint in their forums is about slow data speeds. Would you be happy for O2 to offer up more bandwidth to giffgaff, even if it was detrimental to your own mobile internet experience?

No I Wouldn't but it may all be academic when Three complete their deal. ...

Message 19 of 29

Bambino
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No I Wouldn't but it may all be academic when Three complete their deal. ...

Totally agreewink

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 20 of 29